What "must have" option bumped you to the next trim level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the denali leather is nicer than the SLT but isn't the SLT even a step up from the std LT Leather? I know the SLT is perforated while the LT is smooth.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the denali leather is nicer than the SLT but isn't the SLT even a step up from the std LT Leather? I know the SLT is perforated while the LT is smooth.
That's about the ventilated seats. I'm not sure the actual gauge or quality of the leather is any better.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MRC is much stiffer than the non-MRC's. Add the 22" and its like driving a Radio Flyer wagon at speed. Its smooth but it transmits every bump and road imperfection.
I guess I'm just not a fan of adjustable/electronic suspensions.

The "Dynamic Handling Package" suspension in my F10 5 series BMW was either way too compliant or way too harsh, and the car did not turn athletically either way. I drove it in Sport mode 99% of the time; it felt like a Lexus otherwise, quite on purpose I think.

We also had a 2004 Audi allroad with the raise/lower suspension. Those were airbag-driven and I had two of them go out between 50,000 and 65,000 miles at $1300 per corner.

So those are my own experiences. To me, the whole concept seems to offer moderate benefit, and if you're looking for a tighter handling Tahoe I would probably direct you to the guys here offering the swaybar upgrades and possibly a stiffer strut. I may try that myself down the line, but right now I'm not looking for that vehicle to be a sportscar and I like the slightly plush ride.

thunderdawg

Reaction score
We went with the LTZ on the 2016 Tahoe for air conditioned seats (we live in Central AZ, not Phoenix but still warm in summer) and the MRC. I find the MRC response feels like critical damping (a technical term some of you may know). We added in HUD which is useful, and we/I specifically did not want ACC so we did not get that.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.2 in the Denali. As a matter of fact, the magnetic suspension was a detractor.

Protect1989

Reaction score
I am extremely surprised to hear all the negative reviews about the MRC. I need to go test drive the SLT and Denali to compare the two. For sure thought the MRC would be a major selling point and not a detraction.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like MRC, it's relatively smooth and keeps the big thing flat. Had an LT for a loaner and the thing wallowed all over the place. It was like riding on a marshmallow. When you pull in a parking spot it would rock back and forth, going over uneven pavement through a turn it would wobble side to side. Some people might not mind that, but for me it felt like the suspension was shot (not really with only 8k miles on it). Our Grand Cherokee with air suspension feels more firm, thankfully it's not a wobbling tank.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had an LT for a loaner and the thing wallowed all over the place. It was like riding on a marshmallow. When you pull in a parking spot it would rock back and forth, going over uneven pavement through a turn it would wobble side to side. Some people might not mind that, but for me it felt like the suspension was shot
Might be a bit dramatic. The mechanical LT suspension is tuned for a truck, and depending on what you just climbed out of, it may feel different.

I can see how some people may prefer more damping. I myself probably will look into that at whatever point my suspension needs service. Meanwhile, I've had BMWs and Porsches, actually have a Mercedes currently, and the Tahoe is really supposed to be something different than those - so I don't let the differences bother me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf