What "must have" option bumped you to the next trim level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adaptive cruise control and Magnetic Ride Control is why I am looking at the Denali over the SLT.

Both are absolutely terrible IMO. I wish I could disable ACC. It's so intrusive. And MRC is so harsh.

BUT 6.2l and 8 spd is for sure worth it.

Protect1989

Reaction score
Both are absolutely terrible IMO. I wish I could disable ACC. It's so intrusive. And MRC is so harsh.

BUT 6.2l and 8 spd is for sure worth it.

Care to elaborate? I have ACC in my Grand Cherokee and love it for long drives. As for the MRC, I havent driven a Yukon without it but it seemed pretty smooth in the Denali I drove.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the corollary -- what option kept me at my trim level.

I have an LS, now with the Enhanced Safety Package. Would not consider the LT since it is not available with cloth seats.

crunchcity

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The opposite actually, what bumped me down a trim level was the MRC. Wanted a traditional less stiff suspension, easier/cheaper to repair/replace...

I was quite surprised to see the cost differential in replacement parts...

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funny, one of the things I didn't like about the Denali/LTZ was that it had the lids for the center console. I always have stuff in those areas so I didn't like the fact that I'd always have some lid that was open and in the way.
So funny - me too. Lids for my use get in the way and I use the front space for my phone. They do look cleaner just not as functional for my use.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the corollary -- what option kept me at my trim level.

I have an LS, now with the Enhanced Safety Package. Would not consider the LT since it is not available with cloth seats.
So funny how we are all different. I had a loaner Yukon SLE base model for a week while repairs were being done on my Yukon SLT Premium Edition and I really missed the leather seats. Our SLT has a really rich feel and the leather is very well done in the one we purchased. I also missed the 8" DIC while driving the loaner and my 22's to name a couple things. The only reason I didn't get the Denali is my wife didn't like the extra stitching in the seats which was purely aesthetics for sure.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Care to elaborate? I have ACC in my Grand Cherokee and love it for long drives. As for the MRC, I havent driven a Yukon without it but it seemed pretty smooth in the Denali I drove.

The ACC slows down way too conservatively IMO. Even with the gap setting adjusted it will dramatically brake when you approach a car in front of you (even if its MANY car lengths ahead)...I cruise in the right lane and then pass on the left. If a car is moving slowly in the right the ACC almost always brakes before I get a chance to move into the left lane. I wish it could be disabled. hate it.

MRC is much stiffer than the non-MRC's. Add the 22" and its like driving a Radio Flyer wagon at speed. Its smooth but it transmits every bump and road imperfection.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ACC slows down way too conservatively IMO. Even with the gap setting adjusted it will dramatically brake when you approach a car in front of you (even if its MANY car lengths ahead)...I cruise in the right lane and then pass on the left. If a car is moving slowly in the right the ACC almost always brakes before I get a chance to move into the left lane. I wish it could be disabled. hate it.

MRC is much stiffer than the non-MRC's. Add the 22" and its like driving a Radio Flyer wagon at speed. Its smooth but it transmits every bump and road imperfection.

The MRC is total junk. I remember the commercial GMC had for the garbage - something like 1000's of sensors monitor the road and adjust...blah blah blah. It should have said - 1000's of sensors monitor the road and make sure you feel every bump and if you have the 22 inch wheels it's amplified 10x's more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts