What "must have" option bumped you to the next trim level?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Burby, Jun 19, 2017 at 11:35 AM.

1. Burby

Burby Member

Name:
    Dana
    For me (LT) it was the rear automatic tailgate.

2. chicagofan00

chicagofan00 Full Access Member

Name:
    Adam
    I went LT due to pretty much every single option it offered over the LS. However, I didn't go LTZ because of the fact that there wasn't a must have option that it offered over a fully loaded LT.

Burby and schaffer05 like this.
  3. Illnasty

Illnasty Full Access Member

Name:
    Shan
    I was going in on a used SLT but Denali engine and the feel of the leather made too much of a difference for me. Also I can't stand the open center console, it looks like a hole to dump crap in.

4. sam123

sam123 Member

Name:
    Saajan
    The HUD, Power running boards, and Adaptive Cruise Control

FJ40INTOW likes this.
  5. Protect1989

Protect1989 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Chad
    Adaptive cruise control and Magnetic Ride Control is why I am looking at the Denali over the SLT.

6. WillCO

WillCO Full Access Member

Name:
    Will
    The halogen headlights on the LT are laughable in 2017, an obvious slight on an otherwise very well-equipped midlevel package. I didn't take the bait, though - I bought an LT anyway and upgraded the bulbs. It's not terrible.

Personally, I came off of a BMW 5 series with a fancy adjustable suspension that I found to be worthless at best and annoying at worst, so I didn't want the magnetothermoplasticologicalsubstratageospatial suspension at all. People's interests certainly differ on options.

chicagofan00 likes this.
  7. Burby

Burby Member

Name:
    Dana
    The low beam headlights are awful. Did you replace the bulbs or get the whole ballast HID kit?

8. chicagofan00

Name:
    Adam
    That's funny, one of the things I didn't like about the Denali/LTZ was that it had the lids for the center console. I always have stuff in those areas so I didn't like the fact that I'd always have some lid that was open and in the way.

9. chicagofan00

Name:
    Adam
    I agree, the headlights on the LT are horrible for the cost of the truck overall. Thankfully I don't do too much driving outside the city at night otherwise they would bother me a ton.

10. WillCO

WillCO Full Access Member

Name:
    Will
    I did the simplest possible thing and replaced them with Sylvania SilverStar zXe H11 bulbs which were $34 from Amazon and took me less than 20 minutes to drop in. There are certainly more involved upgrades that may yield more dramatic results, but what I did was cheap, quick, and improved the light output enough that I don't think about it anymore.

I'm told the Sylvania bulbs have a relatively short service life (12-18 months?), so when mine start to go I may look into one of the LED drop-ins people on this board have used. I don't think I will ever bother with the full HID retrofit.

chicagofan00 likes this.