What made you go with an SUV over a Truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zigger21

Reaction score
Children and a 19" widescreen LCD in the back to keep them quiet. Driving, watching movies in front and back, priceless. Makes long trips go faster. 8 hour drive, 3 movies, PlayStation 4 we are at our destination.

IMG_20150724_191102227.jpg

IMG_20150724_191029236.jpg

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of pickup- vs - SUV, I was disappointed that Chevy dropped the Avalanche back in 2013. I always thought that was a brilliant solution that had the utility of a pickup with an 8' bed or an SUV that could carry 5 adults in comfort.

Last year when I started shopping for a new tow vehicle I was actually hoping to find an Avalanche. Unfortunately every Avalanche I found was way overpriced and had super high miles so ultimately I went with the more common Suburban instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JulianB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine looks exactly like yours! great choice, any mods yet?

Zigger21

Reaction score
Children and a 19" widescreen LCD in the back to keep them quiet. Driving, watching movies in front and back, priceless. Makes long trips go faster. 8 hour drive, 3 movies, PlayStation 4 we are at our destination.

Plus I dont have any hay or straw to haul around livestock?

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i live in nyc. if i left stuff in the back of a pick ip it would get stolen. besides aint nothing prettier than a nice tahoe

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I had a 2012 impala and a 1999 k3500 crew cab dually with only 65k on the speedo. I decided to downsize,the truck was great but way to big to drive every day. The impala was good on gas and almost paid for. I sold the truck to my son and traded the car in on my 2011 ssv hoe as I still need 4wd and the ability to tow. I love the hoe they are good vehicles

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, my wife left me and took my '04 Monte Carlo SS (man, I miss the great MPG that thing got!)
I spent about 2-3 months looking for something that would give me enough headroom (I'm 6'4"), was AWD or 4x4, didn't need front end work right away, and was less than $6k (I wanted to keep my payments very low). This 2000 GMC Yukon XL SLT 1500 (134k miles) was the first thing to come along that didn't have worn out front suspension, and they only wanted $3k for it.

Also, I learned to drive in a '91 Chevy Suburban (it was an odd truck, it had 3500 steering parts, and a 3" factory exhaust... sounded quite nice with a long cherrybomb on it).

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion the only two reasons to own a truck are

1. You own a fifth wheel/gooseneck trailer

2. You want a truck.

Outside of that a 3/4 Suburban will do anything a truck can. Need to haul a refrigerator? 6x12 utility trailer. Need to haul dirt bikes? 6x12 utility trailer or hitch hauler and your gear stays safe and dry in the back of the suburban. Need to haul an engine? 6x12 utility trailer. Etc etc. trailers are much easier to load or unload. Need to haul 6 adults and dirt bikes? Suburban with a trailer. keeps going and going.

That said... when my kids get grown and move out I'll be driving a 1500 Silverado z71 with a 6.2 and 8 speed. Why?
Because I want one even though a Tahoe or Suburban would be easier to use and more usable. Again imho.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not everybody has room for a utility trailer. I realized I made a mistake when I got my Tahoe. Still not enough room I really should have gotten the suburban. It really sucks when we go food shopping or we buy anything pretty large.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts