What lifts work with mag ride? 4-6" kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quicksilver

Reaction score
That looks good! What size tires did you go with and what size spacers did you use?

325/50/22 (34.84" high) with 1.5" spacer in front and 2" spacer in rear. The rear measures 1/2" narrower than the front with the lift installed.

quicksilver

Reaction score
That does look good! Is it the trailer, or does it have a rear-ward rake? I think these trucks look level with the rear jacked up OEM, don't they...

It sits level without the trailer. With the trailer, it only sits about 1" lower thanks to the air ride. The photo makes it look like more.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Both are great kits. I would probably go with mcgaughys. But fabtech is a good kit with longer rear arms not drop brackets like mcgaughys.

JJ351

Reaction score
Just had a Fabtech installed on my '13 with mag ride. It's a true 6" drop. I like it but I did need the optional 1 inch spacer in the rear to level it out.

truck.jpg

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Just had a Fabtech installed on my '13 with mag ride. It's a true 6" drop. I like it but I did need the optional 1 inch spacer in the rear to level it out.

View attachment 81227

Hoe looks great and wheels look much deeper than 9.5s. More like 10s with that lip. Is that pic with the rear 1" spacer installed cause it looks to sit a tiny bit lower in the back judging by the bottom of door body line.

JJ351

Reaction score
Hoe looks great and wheels look much deeper than 9.5s. More like 10s with that lip. Is that pic with the rear 1" spacer installed cause it looks to sit a tiny bit lower in the back judging by the bottom of door body line.

Yeah, for 9.5 I was impressed with the lip. They have a -6 offset so they fit the 35s well. Pretty sure I could have gotten away with 10s at -19 offset just the same, but 4wheelparts was hesitant and these were on sale (cheaper), so...
There's definitely room for more lift, so when these tires go I might get adjustable bilsteins and 20-22/12s and 35s.

The pic is with spacers installed. Believe me, it was a lot worse without them. Then there's the fact that the tops of the front fenders are 1/2" - 5/8" taller than the rear when measured from the door guard. Also, I haven't installed the Bora spacers yet. The rear wheels sit too inboard at the moment and I think this pic doesn't reflect the same difference in depth as the front does. I also parked closer to the curb in the front vs the rear as I aimed in. And last, I'm also ordering a Westin push bar (cop style) so that should bring the nose down just a hair. I considered 2 inch coil spacers in the rear, but when looking from the back it looks jacked up enough as it is. It's all about perspective.

Last edited:

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yeah, for 9.5 I was impressed with the lip. They have a -6 offset so they fit the 35s well. Pretty sure I could have gotten away with 10s at -19 offset just the same, but 4wheelparts was hesitant and these were on sale (cheaper), so...
There's definitely room for more lift, so when these tires go I might get adjustable bilsteins and 20-22/12s and 35s.

The pic is with spacers installed. Believe me, it was a lot worse without them. Then there's the fact that the tops of the front fenders are 1/2" - 5/8" taller than the rear when measured from the door guard. Also, I haven't installed the Bora spacers yet. The rear wheels sit too inboard at the moment and I think this pic doesn't reflect the same difference in depth as the front does. I also parked closer to the curb in the front vs the rear as I aimed in. And last, I'm also ordering a Westin push bar (cop style) so that should bring the nose down just a hair. I considered 2 inch coil spacers in the rear, but when looking from the back it looks jacked up enough as it is. It's all about perspective.
They look deeper and maybe could clear x10 with some bumper trim. I would remove the front valance and cut it to just cover the bumper tabs underneath. Makes the front look much taller.

Oh ok yeah you would def need it then. I think you could go up another 1/2-1" in the rear with either a 1.5 or 2" spacer. The front fenders are taller and mess with perception. Mine are always a tad higher in the front too but door bottoms are level. The push bar may sag it a tiny bit up front. How thick is the front cv spacer? I thought they were 1.5" and factory is 1/4" wider in front than rear so precise spacer would be a 1.75" rear to even it up. Doubt the 1/4" would be noticeable anyhow but post more pics in the 07-14 lifted section.

JJ351

Reaction score
They look deeper and maybe could clear x10 with some bumper trim. I would remove the front valance and cut it to just cover the bumper tabs underneath. Makes the front look much taller.

Oh ok yeah you would def need it then. I think you could go up another 1/2-1" in the rear with either a 1.5 or 2" spacer. The front fenders are taller and mess with perception. Mine are always a tad higher in the front too but door bottoms are level. The push bar may sag it a tiny bit up front. How thick is the front cv spacer? I thought they were 1.5" and factory is 1/4" wider in front than rear so precise spacer would be a 1.75" rear to even it up. Doubt the 1/4" would be noticeable anyhow but post more pics in the 07-14 lifted section.

I'll be taking off the front valance for the Westin push bar so I'll have a chance to look at that then. Btw, I also haven't installed the SLP exhaust yet either, which requires cutting off the resonator, and am considering removing the spare tire as well because I have AAA (anyone else do this?) I'm curious to see if that less unsprung weight lifts it up another 1/2" If not I'll consider 1/2"-1" extra coil spacers. Just right now it looks awkwardly tall and narrow in the rear without the Boras in place. Btw, I considered 1.75" Bora spacers but I measured from the tops of the tires using a straightedge across the front and rear fenders. The tops of the front tires are EXACTLY 2 inches further out of the fenders than the rears.

I have another project car I'm working on at the moment but once I get the Boras on (and wash it) I'll snap some more pics from different angles. :)

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I'll be taking off the front valance for the Westin push bar so I'll have a chance to look at that then. Btw, I also haven't installed the SLP exhaust yet either, which requires cutting off the resonator, and am considering removing the spare tire as well because I have AAA (anyone else do this?) I'm curious to see if that less unsprung weight lifts it up another 1/2" If not I'll consider 1/2"-1" extra coil spacers. Just right now it looks awkwardly tall and narrow in the rear without the Boras in place. Btw, I considered 1.75" Bora spacers but I measured from the tops of the tires using a straightedge across the front and rear fenders. The tops of the front tires are EXACTLY 2 inches further out of the fenders than the rears.

I have another project car I'm working on at the moment but once I get the Boras on (and wash it) I'll snap some more pics from different angles. :)

The SLP tip looks much better on hoes. The Denali I have has a different angle and exit so it doesn't look as awful to me. I don't have a spare or reason to carry one. Your tires are different sizes so you can't run a 32" spare on 35" tires with the diff it will blow it. Dropping it doesn't raise it up any that I noticed but might on yours. The spacers will look much better on it. I don't like the skinny look much. Should be easy to bolt them on since there will be no cutting stud ends. If you get a chance to measure the front cv spacer for reference that would be nice info.

JJ351

Reaction score
I didn't think about the diff when it comes to the spare. Good call, down it will go.

The CV spacers look to be an inch thick. I don't know where that extra inch of track width is coming from.

I didn't see the 07-14 offroad forum until just now. I was wondering why it seemed so slow in here. Thanks for the headsup.