What Kind of Resistors Are You Supposed To Use For LED Conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Yukon and about 6 months ago I converted my dash lights to LEDs. Now about half of them don't work. Before each light failed it would start constantly blinking for several days until it no longer lit up. I suspect the problem is with the resistors. All I know about them is that they are 470 ohms and they are blue and meant for 12v use. What is the correct resistor with the correct tolerance or wattage to use in these vehicles? If possible a link to Amazon or somewhere would make it really easy to get the right ones. I just don't want to have to do it again for a third time.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol
Nah. It was a dumb joke about the French Resistance in answering your thread title.

Just consider these "free bumps" towards finding your answer.

Okay that would have been my next guess haha. I appreciate the bumps!

xDan

Reaction score
Which LED's did you put in there? Post up specs and I can help you out.

xDan

Reaction score
Are they all wired to the same power supply in series or parallel and do they go through your dimmer circuit?

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they all wired to the same power supply in series or parallel and do they go through your dimmer circuit?

They are in series I believe and they can be dimmed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos