What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
That's a possibility but it comes on everytime you start it, even with all the hvac off.

Yeah, I think those actuators calibrate and find their spot. Its a little servo motor, if it's going bad it will keep searching. Does your rear ac work?

OP
OP
H

h22dx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, I think those actuators calibrate and find their spot. Its a little servo motor, if it's going bad it will keep searching. Does your rear ac work?
The rear works great when it works, a lot colder than the front. However I have a leak somewhere and a charge only last about 2 weeks

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
The rear works great when it works, a lot colder than the front. However I have a leak somewhere and a charge only last about 2 weeks

Does the noise happen when you turn the key to on without starting? Maybe you are just hearing the fuel pump.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Good point, yes it does

The fuel pump is in the tank, but is audible for sure. I guess something hvac related may come on with just acc power, too, but I forgot no rear heat on OBS, so why would there be an actuator back there? I'm betting @Tonyrodz is right.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The fuel pump is in the tank, but is audible for sure. I guess something hvac related may come on with just acc power, too, but I forgot no rear heat on OBS, so why would there be an actuator back there? I'm betting @Tonyrodz is right.
:waytogo:
Is the obs fuel tank in that area? I know the nbs fuel tank is on the driver side between front seats and 2nd rows, or there abouts.

fishmagnet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rear AC blower motor in there, fuel pump on the other side underneath and inside fuel tank.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have auto ride? Could be your compressor turning on to level the ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec