What is this worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I don’t know too many details about this truck but it’s a 1997 silverado z71. I believe to be considered short box?

It has about 269,000 miles on the body. 350 engine. Not sure if it’s ever been rebuilt or not

Not sure what kind of lift it has but does have one

16 rims with either mud tires or all terrain

Looks like it has minor rust on rockers but I’ll have to look at it in the day time. Guy said floorboards are good

He said it was repainted 2 years ago.

I’m suppose to look at it in the day tomorrow.

Tell me what you guys think it’s worth and I’ll tell you what he’s asking 0EE141B2-03D5-4BF8-843A-8BCBD5381FF0.jpeg

OP
OP
Michigan

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why whoa? And the guy says he wants 4 grand but he said he’ll go down to 3,850. He says that there’s no leaks when I asked. I thought it was a steal. Not sure if he’s shady or not. I just met him at my work. He came in as a customer

Should I jump on it? Also what if it has some rust? I think I might take it depending on how bad the rust is. Didn’t look too bad but like I said I only seen it at night

OP
OP
Michigan

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it’s not worth paying 3,850 to try to flip it for about 6 or 7 grand? I already have an 89 iroc so my intentions would be to resell it

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
So it’s not worth paying 3,850 to try to flip it for about 6 or 7 grand? I already have an 89 iroc so my intentions would be to resell it

Here's my big thing. You don't know any of the history, and 269 is a lot of miles no matter how you slice it. If you had immaculate records and a receipt for an engine build it would be another story. Also, I'm assuming this is a Michigan truck. Once the rust is going, you may put a lot of work into slowing it down, but you ain't stopping it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2