What is this plate on my oil pan???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I'm going with sound deadener, If it was a skid plate it would have more fasteners holding it in place around the periphery. If it was a sacrificial anode it would probably screw inside the pan kind of like a water heater anode. Sound deadener is my Vote, just my 2 cents

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys do realize the 'skid plate' comment was a joke right? Because in now way would this be an effective skid plate design or location.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
It could just be added weight to keep from popping wheelies all the time from the awesome power these engines put out... Kinda like a ballast.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I did some searching online and it is acctually a cover plate. If you want to remove it and install the part it is part number 121G on O'Reilly website

Very interesting.... It doesn't appear to cover anything from what I can tell.... Would be cool if it were an access to the oil pump pickup tube bolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan