What is the chance that GM would fix the vibration/buffeting issue in 2017 models?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTVP

Reaction score
No not as of now. Just like the Porsche Cayenne I just sold . I have a db meter app on my i phone 6 +. I get a 89 db reading in the Escalade @ 80 mph as well. So I have to say it is quiet enough. That is the only comparison I have to go by.

Last edited:

brendon444

Reaction score
No not as of now. Just like the Porsche Cayenne I just sold . I have a db meter app on my i phone 6 +. I get a 89 db reading in the Escalade @ 80 mph as well. So I have to say it is quiet enough. That is the only comparison I have to go by.

89 db is loud. There is no way that app is accurate. If its true that is definitely not good sound levels.

MTVP

Reaction score
That's what I thought. Free app you know the quality. Inside the vehicle it is pretty quiet , Escalade or Porsche.
I just checked it setting here next to the desk top . I got a reading of 57 db in a quiet room.
As I said before, it's all I had to go by.
I just remembered I have a sound meter from my old Home Theater days . I'll have to dig that up.

Last edited:

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at the 2017 Tahoes while my 2016 was in for recall service. It may just be me, but I thought the 2017 Tahoes doors feel heavier while opening and closing them. I also have noticed since the weather has cooled down, the low speed body booming over rough roads has gotten worse. I saw somewhere that someone claimed to have remedied some of these issues by lowering the stance of there Tahoe.

Last edited:

cfoote

Reaction score
I've had 3 Denali's. Early build 2015, 2015I, and now a 2016. I have not experience any of the buffering that I hear people talk about on this forum. All of them had 22's , 4X4, and fully loaded except for the security option. Maybe I'm lucky.

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had 3 Denali's. Early build 2015, 2015I, and now a 2016. I have not experience any of the buffering that I hear people talk about on this forum. All of them had 22's , 4X4, and fully loaded except for the security option. Maybe I'm lucky.
Did you notice any booming sounds over bumps at low speeds? Two out of three Yukons I test drove rode perfectly but one of them made a booming sound going over bumps that would've drove me nuts if I bought it. It was very pronounced.

Chris T

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2016 Yukon Denali 2wd on 20's here. Drove quite a few with buffeting (didn't know it existed until we drove several of them, then googled it). Finally found this Denali. It booms over low speed bumps and gravel which I attribute to the Magnetic Ride and sheet metal/design combination because like Cha0s13 says above, it gets worse in cooler weather. Our Denali has no buffeting and no vibrations as of about 5k miles.

Interestingly I had it in for the airbag or whatever recall and I requested an oil change. Unbeknownst to me they also rotated the tires. Maybe it is in my head but after that rotation, at any speed it is the smoother and quieter than before. It is the quietest rig I've ever driven. You still feel every imperfection in the road at pretty much any speed and still have the booming at low speeds, but when the road is smooth, it is like sitting still.

Ekim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2017 Denali XL 22' New Style wheel's...smooth as can be, quiet, no booming. I am fussy on the vibration or noises.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec