What is the chance that GM would fix the vibration/buffeting issue in 2017 models?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uat1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is the chance that GM would fix the widespread vibration/buffeting issue in its 2017 models, any educated guess?

ctide21

Reaction score
I will be in the market for 2017 Denali, I hope all this gets addressed as well.

Last edited:

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not likely, since they still don't have a good grasp on issue & communications to dealers :(

OP
OP
U

uat1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is the chance that GM would fix the widespread vibration/buffeting issue in its 2017 models, any educated guess?

I have waited a year and will move on if the issues are not addressed. It will be hard to understand how GM can continue to build these trucks and knowing that they have a fundamental design issues on them.

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope they figured it out too. I would love to try a Denali again. Some folks on another site we waiting for an "exhaust fix" in June. Not sure what ever came of it. I plan on test driving the 2017's.

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me figure out what the buffeting issue is? I've test driven 7 2016 Yukon Denali XLs at highway and city streets and can't duplicate anything that sounds like an open rear window?

What am I missing. I'm driving the actual vehicle we'll be taking signing and taking home on Saturday morning. Is there a specific way to drive it to get this late model 2016 to duplicate the buffeting sound?

BobDobalina

Reaction score
I had a 2015 Tahoe 4wd with an EARLY build date of Feb 2014 none of these issues on 18s stock tires or when I put Revos on it. I now have a 16 Yukon 4wd on 20s and no issues at all. I am probably the most picky about any sort of noise, vibe, rattle etc on the planet too. Both smooth as glass up to speeds I should not be doing in a large box :)

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am really starting to believe not all can hear or feel it. I have a mid year 15 XL and it was horrible for a few months before installing new wheels and tires. There are times (very minimal) when I still feel it but it's acceptable now....i can at least take a road trip and not become sick. I have probably been in 10+ 15/16 models and everyone had the issue to some degree. One was just a few weeks ago...a 3/16 build XL and it was noticeable to me within the first 5min but the owner hasn't noticed it one bit in his 1month of ownership.

The perfect tire with low RF numbers is a band-aid as there is a bigger underlining issue with chassis/frame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne