What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohhnyTsunamii

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Added a bottle of Amsoil Slip Lock to my G80 diff. Stuff worked amazing. No more chattering. Replaced broken hood release lever with a freebie from the junkyard. Replaced purge valve with junkyard freebie. Replaced two broken wheel studs (grabbed six like new junkyard freebies!). Grabbed an oem sub-box and rear kick panel from a 2001 yukon thinking it would fit but not even close, they are going back to junkyard tomorrow. Removed annoying DRL light dash light (DRL disable mod done last year), put LEDs in my climate control (need to swap polarity on a couple of them tomorrow). All in all a good day.

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well replaced ac compressor,new hi/low line BUT I had to cut the drier off ,the theads was rusted together I cut little of the evaporator line that the o-ring sits on DamDam so I need to pull the dash to replace it. Now the small line to condenser won't loosen to replace orfice tub the line is twisting so I will get a new line. AND that PB blaster is awsome

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Picked this up as a "mechanic special" ($500 140k miles) on CL, swapped out the fuel pump and replaced leaking intake manifold gaskets and related gaskets as well as water pump. Gave it an oil change, coolant flush, front and rear diff service, replaced front brakes (metal to metal), replaced inner and outer tie rods, gave it an allingment and balanced wheels. Will finish up the "Tune up" sometime this week. Runs like a champ as is. Had the front windows tinted to match the rest and installed my spare sound system. Ordered a set of Aftermarket headlights last night, led interior lights also on their way. Full detail coming up as soon as the guys at work can squeeze it in.
View attachment 200433 View attachment 200434 View attachment 200435 View attachment 200437 View attachment 200438
Not bad for $500. Gotta sew that seat up tho.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Added a bottle of Amsoil Slip Lock to my G80 diff. Stuff worked amazing. No more chattering. Replaced broken hood release lever with a freebie from the junkyard. Replaced purge valve with junkyard freebie. Replaced two broken wheel studs (grabbed six like new junkyard freebies!). Grabbed an oem sub-box and rear kick panel from a 2001 yukon thinking it would fit but not even close, they are going back to junkyard tomorrow. Removed annoying DRL light dash light (DRL disable mod done last year), put LEDs in my climate control (need to swap polarity on a couple of them tomorrow). All in all a good day.
Got a pic of that sub box? Where are you located?

JohhnyTsunamii

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got a pic of that sub box? Where are you located?
looks like this one off ebay. I paid $15 for it at the junkyard. Just ordered a cheap 8 inch sub off amazon and was planning on throwing it in my little crx daily. If you want one let me know, Im in minnesota and our junkyards are literally full of tahoes yukons and burbs.

s-l1600.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
looks like this one off ebay. I paid $15 for it at the junkyard. Just ordered a cheap 8 inch sub off amazon and was planning on throwing it in my little crx daily. If you want one let me know, Im in minnesota and our junkyards are literally full of tahoes yukons and burbs.

View attachment 201554
I've been wanting one for awhule, but I'm sure shipping would probably be crazy. I'm in Nj. I have an 03. Is it heavy?

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
This weekend was the best weekend ever for Ol' Black Betty. Finally, finally, finally got my transmission leak sorted and stopped. Washed and cleaned her up, took her to the beach and all around town. She is finally a true daily instead of just 6 miles back and forth to work. Replaced the ignition switch which cured a lot of weird little issues I was having. Of course when we pulled the old one out, it had come from the u-pull-it. So much better!

ObsUkon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked this up as a "mechanic special" ($500 140k miles) on CL, swapped out the fuel pump and replaced leaking intake manifold gaskets and related gaskets as well as water pump. Gave it an oil change, coolant flush, front and rear diff service, replaced front brakes (metal to metal), replaced inner and outer tie rods, gave it an allingment and balanced wheels. Will finish up the "Tune up" sometime this week. Runs like a champ as is. Had the front windows tinted to match the rest and installed my spare sound system. Ordered a set of Aftermarket headlights last night, led interior lights also on their way. Full detail coming up as soon as the guys at work can squeeze it in.
View attachment 200433 View attachment 200434 View attachment 200435 View attachment 200437 View attachment 200438

Removed all door moldings and picked up some new wheels and added some black housing headlights....
20180618_151650.jpg 20180618_145602.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartman