What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a quick photo snap session on a country road tonight. Not bad for an i phone or first time photo editing. Some cosmetic things like rims and tires, roof rack delete, and a few other things over the winter and she will be done. Along with all needed mechanical needs.

bd518f23caa15bc0fac4ac4b08428bc5.jpg

95415510e21d67c1bddf2326817fef7a.jpg

85cc260ffef0a6f239ebb59fa0668817.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
I was having a rough idle, rich smelling exhaust and some lurching at stop lights. Replaced the temp control sensor, the o-rings for the feed and return line on the TBI and had the hubby tighten up my right side donut (it had rattled loose). Truck runs much better. Smoother idle, less hesitation and no lurching. I think I'm going to swap out my thermostat as well for a 195. The temp never really gets up above 150 so that might help smooth out the idle a bit more. The rich smelling exhaust is gone, the truck sounds much better. I actually feel confident in taking it on longer trips. I do need to replace my shocks at some point, it rides so stiff. But I'm getting happier with each small correction. Now to replace the dash. I have my new dash shell we robbed from a 1996 K1500 extended cab, just have to get the weather to cool down so we don't die sweating to death. When we have the dash out, we're going to replace the heater core as it's currently bypassed and get my a/c working again.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Working on getting my '10 Z71 wheels painted ......F' I hate paint prep, but it pays off

Going with Rust-Oleum Black Night Metallic........amazing flake in the paint

GMJedi

Reaction score
After putting on all my new brake stuff this weekend and still kinda having mushy brakes, I decided to take the ol girl to a shop that specializes in brakes today and had them do a full bleed including the ABS module and afterwards.... Best freakin $88 I’ve spent in a while! Now I have a lot less pedal travel, and wayyyy more braking power even the tech said after taking it for a test drive that it brakes like a brand new truck! And I definitely agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The difference is amazing isn’t it. I couldn’t believe how bad the pedal was before flushing and bleeding along with the minor upgrade in hardware. Once I recover from the end of the year cash hemorrhage that’s going on right now, I hope to do a complete refresh on the rear brakes along with another complete flush and bleed. Going to switch to dot 4. Mountain roads here we come.

GMJedi

Reaction score
I was having a rough idle, rich smelling exhaust and some lurching at stop lights. Replaced the temp control sensor, the o-rings for the feed and return line on the TBI and had the hubby tighten up my right side donut (it had rattled loose). Truck runs much better. Smoother idle, less hesitation and no lurching. I think I'm going to swap out my thermostat as well for a 195. The temp never really gets up above 150 so that might help smooth out the idle a bit more. The rich smelling exhaust is gone, the truck sounds much better. I actually feel confident in taking it on longer trips. I do need to replace my shocks at some point, it rides so stiff. But I'm getting happier with each small correction. Now to replace the dash. I have my new dash shell we robbed from a 1996 K1500 extended cab, just have to get the weather to cool down so we don't die sweating to death. When we have the dash out, we're going to replace the heater core as it's currently bypassed and get my a/c working again.
It’s 31 here. Wish I was in your shoes. Temp wise anyway

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
No you don't. 80+ degrees in December ruins any Christmas spirit there is. And it's just garbage to be sweating 12 months out of the year! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14