What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a new (used)front Diffy to replace my wore out and noisy one for $95

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creese99

Reaction score
Hey thanks, I'll take a look at it. Just noticed that mine are peeling. Did you have to prep the surface or anything?

It's a good quality semi flat. Yeah I did prep it. Sanded it with 320 grit I believe, then a 600 grit. Then wiped it down with alcohol. Make sure you sand the spots that have peeled really good, or you'll be doin it again like I did. Did the same thing with the frame and wheel wells.

scotto0609

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to putting variable steering gizmo in and cleared up all my steering issues! Local garage wanted to change about all the front end out to the tune of @ 1000. I hate people!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Backed out screws again on my msd rotor inside my msd dizzy. 3 hr's for a tow truck. This time it stayed in place for 4 years as opposed to 1 at the first break down. Like before replaced broken parts and it is back to normal. Should probably inspect it every few years from now on.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Backed out screws again on my msd rotor inside my msd dizzy. 3 hr's for a tow truck. This time it stayed in place for 4 years as opposed to 1 at the first break down. Like before replaced broken parts and it is back to normal. Should probably inspect it every few years from now on.

Wow. Is there a manufacturer defect that causes that?

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the 4-high mod on my dads '98 Sierra, and my 2000 Yukon XL (GMT800).
I know that they aren't a GMT400 Tahoe or Suburban, but I though you guy might be interested anyway, as it was a super simple mod if you have a relay kit for your headlights installed already.

Both our trucks have an aftermarket headlight relay kit installed, so it can run the 4-HI mod with out taxing the stock wiring.
Because both trucks have the aftermarket relay kit, it was VERY easy to do the 4-Hi mod.
On my Yukon XL, I only had to jumper from ground to the low beam trigger/input ground wire.

On my dads truck, I needed a diode and I ran a wire with diode in to from the high beam trigger +12 wire to the low beam trigger +12 wire (cathode (the stripe) of the diode pointing to the low beam wire). If we hadn't had the relay kits, we would have had to use a relay instead of a diode to run the low beams on his truck.

I would recommend the relay kit as the headlights seem brighter being ran directly off the battery/alternator.

20170830_182431.jpg
20170830_183059.jpg
20170830_182003.jpg
20170830_175953.jpg
20170831_004624.jpg

Last edited:

beerme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finished full front end rebuild last week w/ all Moog parts, rebuilt P/S pump and bypassed EVO and topped it off with a Redhead steering gear. Changed front/rear diff fluids. Detailed the exterior.

Next up is cleaning the evaporator and changing out the belt, tensioner, and idler pulley so I can get a bit of my sanity back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345