What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 96ProCompTahoe, Aug 28, 2011.

1. MYTQUIK

MYTQUIK TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ernie
    Almost done.

AC9BDC58-5BE0-4F78-ACEE-1D0CEDDB0477.JPG

Back N Black, Dneel81 and Miami-Dade like this.
  2. RicanGM

RicanGM Full Access Member

Name:
    Andres
    Replaced the drivers door inside handle.

Miami-Dade likes this.
  3. RicanGM

RicanGM Full Access Member

Name:
    Andres
    Replaced the DRL control module, the light on the dash was on but I had no day light running light when the truck was running.

After some research, I found out could be the module, $26.00 from RockAuto now its all good.

Last edited: May 22, 2017 at 3:40 PM
    08HoeCD likes this.
  4. KenpoFish

KenpoFish Member

Name:
    Zachary
    Got long overdue new shoes for Sparky...(what my grandson named the Tahoe).
    IMG_4612.JPG

5. Back N Black

Back N Black Full Access Member

Name:
    Matt
    Yesterday, I walked to my Hoe to put a battery tie down in place, since I was missing mine. I opened the hood, and a damn [​IMG] scared the shit out of me! Stupid furball was sleeping on top of my engine! Wasn't expecting that, so I jumped back and let the hood shut. :doh2: When I went to put my tiedown in, I discovered I have already installed the one I bought off ebay. Double :doh2::doh2:

The next thing I did, was grab an O2 sensor pigtail, from the harness of a parts truck. I have been waiting to hear back from my best friend, about getting someone to hardwire it into my harness, because the factory female plug on the harness had melted a lot time ago. I found a small paperclip that I could use to pull the pins out of the plug on the pig tail, this gave me hope.

I climbed underneath the truck, and thought that MAYBE I can pull the pins, and swap over the plug itself. Got two out with no problem. The last two . . . not so much. The way the plug was melted, there was no way to put the paperclip on top, where I needed to. I noticed a little shimmer on the outside of the plug. The pin here was exposed, figured out how to get that one out. The last one I had to just pull really hard, nearly brake the catch. Put all the wires in the need/old plug, connected it to the O2 sensor, and tied it out of the way. Now, those 3 O2 sensor codes should be GONE! Onto the next step! Timing.

Today, I tried to jump her off. May have kill the battery. I couldn't get more than a click. Going to pull it to put it on a charger to trickle charge it. Hopefully this weekend, I can get the timing set!