What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tore out the cargo area carpet b/c it was starting to stink and was damp from I don't know what. Got all the bolts for the rear seats out but one that was rusted in and had to be ground off. Gonna tear out the front seats and front carpet tonight in preparation for cleaning, vacuum the interior, and clean the seats.

Still debating on POR15 for the interior floor or truck bed liner. I'm gonna reuse the front carpet, just clean it really good and put black vinyl flooring in the rear. Getting new floor/cargo mats while I'm at it. My old ones are trashed.

skychair

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tore out the cargo area carpet b/c it was starting to stink and was damp from I don't know what. Got all the bolts for the rear seats out but one that was rusted in and had to be ground off. Gonna tear out the front seats and front carpet tonight in preparation for cleaning, vacuum the interior, and clean the seats.

Still debating on POR15 for the interior floor or truck bed liner. I'm gonna reuse the front carpet, just clean it really good and put black vinyl flooring in the rear. Getting new floor/cargo mats while I'm at it. My old ones are trashed.

Just replaced the carpet in my 99 Yukon.
Rear side windows will leak, had to have one removed and replaced before doing the carpet.
I intend to do the same on the drivers side latter this summer.
The paint separates from the metal under the window, GMC no longer paints this area.....according to the glass repair man.

Jazz

Reaction score
The first few things of a very long list.

Replaced the rear drums in their entirety. (That was interesting). Got rid of the OBS Master Cylinder and got a 2002 one for a firmer brake pedal.

Upper and Lower ball joints, upper control arms and all the bushings, both side. Removed the molding on the doors.

About to plasti-dip the whole thing and install a CB.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fresh tank of gas and added some Royal Purple fuel treatment and finished my catch can.

Creese99

Reaction score
I changed out the steering motion sensor. Took about 20 min. It's under the dash on the column. Steering improved better than it has ever been. The steering will get erratic on slight bends at 40-50 mph. Not fun. I guess they go bad more often than you think.

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it's been a very long time since I've been on this forum. But I've since sold my 1997 Yukon about a year ago and for the last 8 months I've been working on a new to me 1997 Suburban. I know it's not a Tahoe or Yukon but it basically is. So here's what I've done:

1997 GMC Suburban SLE
4x4 3.73 and G80
211k miles

In the last few months.
Spark plugs,air filter, fuel filter, Brakes all around, shocks all around, AC Compressor, new heater hoses, rear axle seals and bearings, new u-joint, new tires, all new lights for the front.

In the last week I replaced the front bumper with a diesel bumper and rear rusty bumper was replaced and I added a sweet but very 90's style Audiovox center console with a built in tv!

IMG_7589.JPG

IMG_7691.JPG

IMG_7823.JPG

IMG_7825.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14