What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

juan84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished some front fender cutting, installed rear upper adjustable arms and wipe down... it was looking too good not to snap a pic while heading into the gym haha

2ce7952559f398d2d6608446400da221.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
24" or 26" ??

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
got my dual battery setup installed, was easier than I anticipated, hardest part was trying to figure out the starter cable routing so I just poked my head under the ex wife's 04 burb and figured it out that way since there was no information online.

View attachment 188530 View attachment 188531
Sorry, if i kept up with my ‘tahoe thread’ you would have had some pics to go by.... my bad....;)

Last edited:

Burnswil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered speed engineering shorty headers. Have a broken bolt on each manifold. Figured if I have to take them off, might as well do headers. Considering a borla cat back, but need convinced it is worth the $850

techbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered speed engineering shorty headers. Have a broken bolt on each manifold. Figured if I have to take them off, might as well do headers. Considering a borla cat back, but need convinced it is worth the $850

I doubt a Borla cat back will help much when paired with a set of shorty headers. If you go full exhaust though, I would install long tube headers instead of shorties. If you haven't installed your shorties yet, I bet you can still return them.

The last dyno I saw indicated the shorties give about 10hp average with the LT's providing 20hp more than stock. Pair a set of LT's with a full exhaust and you will likely see noticeable gains. Just note that the Borla exhaust is likely to drone.

I would personally just install shorties and keep the OEM exhaust unless it is rotting out. Either way, get a tune to match.

Edit: Also, make sure to get ceramic-coated headers. Wrapping can be a time-consuming and expensive job. Plain stainless will let a good deal of heat into the engine bay.

Last edited:

Burnswil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt a Borla cat back will help much when paired with a set of shorty headers. If you go full exhaust though, I would install long tube headers instead of shorties. If you haven't installed your shorties yet, I bet you can still return them.

The last dyno I saw indicated the shorties give about 10hp average with the LT's providing 20hp more than stock. Pair a set of LT's with a full exhaust and you will likely see noticeable gains. Just note that the Borla exhaust is likely to drone.

I would personally just install shorties and keep the OEM exhaust unless it is rotting out. Either way, get a tune to match.

Edit: Also, make sure to get ceramic-coated headers. Wrapping can be a time-consuming and expensive job. Plain stainless will let a good deal of heat into the engine bay.
Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll just spend a little extra on ceramic shorties and forget the cat back. I don't do any kind of driving to really use any performance gains. I have a BBT will have to get an updated tune

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see the point in spending big bucks on full exhausts or even cat-backs unless the tubing is bigger and your engine needs the extra flow. Otherwise, the exhaust doesn't give a shit about what brand or quality of metal pipe it's going through. If it's in good shape, the stock exhaust pipe is fine. Just swap in a free-flow muffler and call it done.

As for the shorties, I don't think they're worth it even if you didn't get them for performance. Headers let so much more heat into the engine bay, which dryrots and ages the wire loom and wiring, hoses, etc. Headers in general are also known for having less-than-optimal couplings that are notorious for leaking. That 10 HP you may gain from them isn't worth the headaches they can bring. IMO, it's either long tubes or nothing. Even then, I'd highly recommend coating and/or wrapping them.

Burnswil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see the point in spending big bucks on full exhausts or even cat-backs unless the tubing is bigger and your engine needs the extra flow. Otherwise, the exhaust doesn't give a shit about what brand or quality of metal pipe it's going through. If it's in good shape, the stock exhaust pipe is fine. Just swap in a free-flow muffler and call it done.

As for the shorties, I don't think they're worth it even if you didn't get them for performance. Headers let so much more heat into the engine bay, which dryrots and ages the wire loom and wiring, hoses, etc. Headers in general are also known for having less-than-optimal couplings that are notorious for leaking. That 10 HP you may gain from them isn't worth the headaches they can bring. IMO, it's either long tubes or nothing. Even then, I'd highly recommend coating and/or wrapping them.
Hmmm, now you really got me thinking. I don't get much performance usage on my 6 miles of travel a day. I was considering ceramic coated shorties but may just replace the manifolds and bolts and call it a day.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was actually yesterday, but I used it to haul my built 4L60E and FTI torque converter to the new owner.

IMG_3388.JPG

With what I sold the package for, I could buy one of the many low-mile 6.0s I was eyeing on car-part. But I gotta do the responsible thing and pay off a credit card. Adulting sucks sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne