What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gotta take her in for a alignment I noticed she pulls to the right a little after changing the sway bars and have them do the front pinion seal while there at it.

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got an autocal during the black friday sale. shipping was super quick, i received the package after work on monday. sent BBP all of the info on tuesday and they shot back an email telling me to clean the MAF and record the data again. cleaned the MAF and re-recorded everything and sent back to them thursday. Justin emailed me the tune files on saturday. i went with disabled AFM, 87/89 and 91+ tunes and had them work on the transmission shifts. seems that actual shifting from gear to gear in the transmission is faster but it does feel like 1-2 is a little more harsh than before. black bear said the car has to get used to it for a few days so i'm going to let it ride unless it starts really acting up. pretty happy with the tune overall, the tahoe definitely has a little more pep now. havent had a ton of drive time to note any differences in mpg yet but will report back if anyone is interested.

my pants got a little tighter the first time i gave it a little extra juice on a back road and didnt have to wait for the AFM to kick off :Jedi:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got an autocal during the black friday sale. shipping was super quick, i received the package after work on monday. sent BBP all of the info on tuesday and they shot back an email telling me to clean the MAF and record the data again. cleaned the MAF and re-recorded everything and sent back to them thursday. Justin emailed me the tune files on saturday. i went with disabled AFM, 87/89 and 91+ tunes and had them work on the transmission shifts. seems that actual shifting from gear to gear in the transmission is faster but it does feel like 1-2 is a little more harsh than before. black bear said the car has to get used to it for a few days so i'm going to let it ride unless it starts really acting up. pretty happy with the tune overall, the tahoe definitely has a little more pep now. havent had a ton of drive time to note any differences in mpg yet but will report back if anyone is interested.

my pants got a little tighter the first time i gave it a little extra juice on a back road and didnt have to wait for the AFM to kick off :Jedi:

Nice. Another positive review and driving excitement.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the paint looking decent but need to work on the swirls and a few a scratches next. 0cd339b75789e629f0293083e9aa5996.jpg1d7dec3c10363d05bb64bd5658a527ea.jpg7c7639e7833f7a50fa119bd5ac46d6d8.jpg
bcb80bd6a9914ece00dbc8da7befcfb2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the paint looking decent but need to work on the swirls and a few a scratches next. 0cd339b75789e629f0293083e9aa5996.jpg1d7dec3c10363d05bb64bd5658a527ea.jpg7c7639e7833f7a50fa119bd5ac46d6d8.jpg
bcb80bd6a9914ece00dbc8da7befcfb2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
good luck did mine 2-3 months ago, came out real nice but some of the scratches reappeared later I worked them pretty hard too, this is a just a idea I haven't done it yet myself but some super fine sandpaper might do the trick and wax it up real good afterwards

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: doing this can really mess up paint if not carful and not all scratches will come out depending on depth.

We wet sand with 3k grit then start to buff with heavy cut down to the polish, finish with a good wax.

Not every car and every scratch gets that much attention and work though. It be a long day haha.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We wet sand with 3k grit then start to buff with heavy cut down to the polish, finish with a good wax.

Not every car and every scratch gets that much attention and work though. It be a long day haha.

Do you clean it by wiping down first or clay barring before 3k sand paper and then heavy cut and working back up?

Any other grits of sand paper used?

@Drok

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you clean it by wiping down first or clay barring before 3k sand paper and then heavy cut and working back up?

Any other grits of sand paper used?

@Drok

Yea we completely wash the paint, use a claybar if needed, then start the 3k paper etc.

Nah if its bad enough for harsher grit paper we either do what we can orsend it to the body shop for paint.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea we completely wash the paint, use a claybar if needed, then start the 3k paper etc.

Nah if its bad enough for harsher grit paper we either do what we can orsend it to the body shop for paint.

Good info thx. I may give his a go on my Tahoe roof next detail just to see if it will make a difference. Maybe do a test spot to see how it goes. Thx man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore

Latest posts