What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put on new rear bumper to make up for crash of six weeks ago. Spray some rust converter on the rear frame while I was under there.

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned up the rig from a week at Outer Banks.

One thing's for sure: I've never seen more Tahoes, Yukons, Suburbans in one place before. GM had to be the most common source of rigs in use within a 50-mile radius. Lol

I live near Wilmington NC, there's a TON of these trucks around. I regularly see 2 lifted tahoes and another that is riding on CK160's with SS badging on the trunk lid in my immediate area. I always wonder if they're members on here.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the story continues...

Came back from a two week vacation at our summer house back across the pond and found the Tahoe with a dead battery at the airport. Dead as in there was no life whatsoever in it.

Had a guy in an early 2000s V6 Mustang give a jump, but to no avail. Then my daughter and her fiance came with his Sierra and it took cables AND a jumper box for it to finally come to life! Damn!!!

Drove 30 minutes home and it barely started again. Nothing this morning, either. Hooked it to a charger and I'll check back tomorrow morning.

Battery is about 2.5 years old, so even with the Texas heat it shouldn't give up the ghost yet. Hence, I'm thinking maybe the alarm got triggered at some point while we were gone. Who knows...

And to not have too few things to work on, now the driver's rear door lock doesn't pop up every time.

I know it's a 10 year old Chevy w/150K+ miles, but with all the issues over the last several months it's like the damn thing is trying tell me it's time to move on, or something...

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the story continues...

Came back from a two week vacation at our summer house back across the pond and found the Tahoe with a dead battery at the airport. Dead as in there was no life whatsoever in it.

Had a guy in an early 2000s V6 Mustang give a jump, but to no avail. Then my daughter and her fiance came with his Sierra and it took cables AND a jumper box for it to finally come to life! Damn!!!

Drove 30 minutes home and it barely started again. Nothing this morning, either. Hooked it to a charger and I'll check back tomorrow morning.

Battery is about 2.5 years old, so even with the Texas heat it shouldn't give up the ghost yet. Hence, I'm thinking maybe the alarm got triggered at some point while we were gone. Who knows...

And to not have too few things to work on, now the driver's rear door lock doesn't pop up every time.

I know it's a 10 year old Chevy w/150K+ miles, but with all the issues over the last several months it's like the damn thing is trying tell me it's time to move on, or something...
Its just what happens to vehicles with significant miles on them plus additional battery loads, etc. I'm over 150k on mine and in addition to mechanical age, the long term weak points of modifications can show up too.

My wife's aunt bought a car with an aftermarket stereo that was installed by an average DIY installer at best. I pulled all the crap wiring and left only the head unit. Surely enough in the 6 months that followed, the battery went, then alternator then power window motors. Then everything was fine all of a sudden. That crap install just took a toll on the factory electrical system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts