What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... here is the dumb question of the day (seems like that would be a good thread to start... lol).

I know I should probably know the answer to this since I own an LTZ.... but what is the difference between an LTZ bumper and a non-LTZ bumper???

I know some have a receiver cover and the LTZ bumper does not have provisions for it but in the pic of his bumper it looks like mine as best as I can remember (I drive a truck and am seldom home so I can't just run out and look at it).

I think he meant '09+ (or is it '10+?) LTZ. They have a chrome strip on the back of the black "pad" just like the chrome strip on the side mouldings.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I think he meant '09+ (or is it '10+?) LTZ. They have a chrome strip on the back of the black "pad" just like the chrome strip on the side mouldings.

Oh... I see... mine is '08... I read in another thread where someome said something about fender flares not lining up with an LTZ bumper but I really couldn't see a difference.

Thanks for the clarification.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh... I see... mine is '08... I read in another thread where someome said something about fender flares not lining up with an LTZ bumper but I really couldn't see a difference.

Thanks for the clarification.

I don't know about the fender flare thing. I thought only Z71s had those which would make sense for them to have a different bumper. I'd research it if I actually cared but it's irrelevant to my '08, so I won't. I've considered getting that stick-on chrome trim and lining my back bumper and running boards. I've seen it done with the appropriately-sized trim on each and it looks factory-original.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what year it was but the one I snapped a pic of had a diff line where the bumper meets the metal 1/4 panel by the wheel well. It was diff than mine on top of the hitch cover being diff, ill find the pic

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
I don't know about the fender flare thing. I thought only Z71s had those which would make sense for them to have a different bumper. I'd research it if I actually cared but it's irrelevant to my '08, so I won't. I've considered getting that stick-on chrome trim and lining my back bumper and running boards. I've seen it done with the appropriately-sized trim on each and it looks factory-original.

Z71's are the only ones with fender flares from the factory. We also have 3 holes drilled into the front of the rear bumper for the lower flare extension. That is pretty weird that the LTZ bumper doesn't match up but then again I only pay attention to the Z71's since I cant use a lot of other parts

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just gonna stick with my stock bumper. Doesn't look better in any way, to me at least. Just glad to be getting that bumper painted on the insurance dime. It needed it anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts