What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine blew a month ago. Original hose
Did you blow a hose or a connector? I posted about this a years ago saying the connectors get brittle and I guess more trucks are getting up there in age now. Mine broke on me in the middle of downtown dallas..dumped all of my coolant almost immediately. Big steam show and talk about a hard part to find. I just wonder if anyone is having trouble with the hoses as mine have held up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I went to go put on my 22's and saw this--minus the ratchet.20180616_171710.jpg
Puddle of trans fluid. I took the front splash shield off.20180616_171725.jpg
Side view.20180616_172105.jpg
When the trans guy put the trans cooler line in for me, I guess he didn't route it the correct way using the factory hold down clips, so every time we'd turn the wheel left, the idler arm(I think that's it) would rub on the metal line, eventually rubbing right through it. I'm so happy I noticed it today and not on the road. I bought some fuel pressure line with some fuel line clamps. I then cut the cooler line(hard line)and fed the rubber fuel line in place. I used 1 foot of line, so hopefully that's plenty. Then I must've used 20 zip ties, because that ***** was still rubbing everywhere! I think I finally got it to where nothing is rubbing--I HOPE! I don't have pics of the finished job as it was getting dark and mosquitoes love spanish meat. Wish me luck guys.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I went to go put on my 22's and saw this--minus the ratchet.View attachment 201627
Puddle of trans fluid. I took the front splash shield off.View attachment 201628
Side view.View attachment 201629
When the trans guy put the trans cooler line in for me, I guess he didn't route it the correct way using the factory hold down clips, so every time we'd turn the wheel left, the idler arm(I think that's it) would rub on the metal line, eventually rubbing right through it. I'm so happy I noticed it today and not on the road. I bought some fuel pressure line with some fuel line clamps. I then cut the cooler line(hard line)and fed the rubber fuel line in place. I used 1 foot of line, so hopefully that's plenty. Then I must've used 20 zip ties, because that ***** was still rubbing everywhere! I think I finally got it to where nothing is rubbing--I HOPE! I don't have pucs of the finished job as it was getting dark and mosquitoes love spanish meat. Wish me luck guys.
Have I mentioned that I hate getting greasy or oily?!!:mad:

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have I mentioned that I hate getting greasy or oily?!!:mad:

thats what gojo is all about. i got a gallon jug of the orange stuff.

i do agree, i cant stand getting all greased up. even worse if you dont have a rag handy lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to go put on my 22's and saw this--minus the ratchet.View attachment 201627
Puddle of trans fluid. I took the front splash shield off.View attachment 201628
Side view.View attachment 201629
When the trans guy put the trans cooler line in for me, I guess he didn't route it the correct way using the factory hold down clips, so every time we'd turn the wheel left, the idler arm(I think that's it) would rub on the metal line, eventually rubbing right through it. I'm so happy I noticed it today and not on the road. I bought some fuel pressure line with some fuel line clamps. I then cut the cooler line(hard line)and fed the rubber fuel line in place. I used 1 foot of line, so hopefully that's plenty. Then I must've used 20 zip ties, because that ***** was still rubbing everywhere! I think I finally got it to where nothing is rubbing--I HOPE! I don't have pucs of the finished job as it was getting dark and mosquitoes love spanish meat. Wish me luck guys.
That right there is the reason I do all my own work. There's nothing that pisses me off more than paying some outrageous price to have someone work on my rig, only to find out later they didn't do it right so it needs to be done again. And usually it happens way away from home so it's even more frustrating and expensive. Good thing you happened to be installing the wheels.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That right there is the reason I do all my own work. There's nothing that pisses me off more than paying some outrageous price to have someone work on my rig, only to find out later they didn't do it right so it needs to be done again. And usually it happens way away from home so it's even more frustrating and expensive. Good thing you happened to be installing the wheels.
Wish I could "like" this 1,000 times. I totally agree with you. I didn't even get a chance to put the wheels on, messing with the trans line. Tomorrow hopefully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore