What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
GMT 900's?

Gmt900 front, gmt800 rear. Geomet drilled /slotted with their new optimum OEp pads. Memorial day 15% sale. Red powdered power stop calipers coming from rock. Goodridge 6 piece stainless lines. Still in the debate over the hard lines. It just seems a little daunting if a job. That and the debate over stainless from Inline tube or the new Nicopp lines.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gmt900 front, gmt800 rear. Geomet drilled /slotted with their new optimum OEp pads. Memorial day 15% sale. Red powdered power stop calipers coming from rock. Goodridge 6 piece stainless lines. Still in the debate over the hard lines. It just seems a little daunting if a job. That and the debate over stainless from Inline tube or the new Nicopp lines.
900/800- best of both worlds. Unless you want to go Wilwoods lol. Hard lines huh? Glad I don't live in the part of the country where rust is a problem; I didn't have to worry about that. The rest of it is pretty damn easy though.

Prorider17

Reaction score
I want to do this soon. Let me know how it goes. The GMT900 upgrade for the front is new calipers, caliper brackets and rotors, right?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my brothers got the brake up grade on his yukon. i just bought my hoe back in dec. it needed brakes real bad, right then was the time to do it, but being i just spent thousands on the truck alone, i figured id just see how it went with R1 rotors and pads all around with stock equipment.

i put R1's on everything now if i got the time to order them. had em for 3 years on my regal now, (its got a upgrade, 00-02 camaro front calipers and rotors) just did a r1 pad swap, all 4 rotors still smooth as the day i got em 3 years ago. ( r1 pads are rather cheap too) and im not nice to that car really, its my race toy, so go fast and then jam on the brakes often.

once again they perform great, truck stops on a dime and gives back change. dont think ill be doing the up grade on this truck at all.

being we got a dual piston caliper up front already, all your getting is a larger rotor for the upgrade really.

my regal was a single piston caliper up front, swapping to the dual piston f body caliper and 12 inch rotor really made a huge difference on the regal.

178.JPG

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had to head off to work after food shopping to finish a carb swap on a old ass tiller, anyways, i took a fender flare and laid it up to the truck, and its damn close. definitely needs to be wet sanded tho. cant wait.

also noticed theres no holes in these, so looks like ill have to drill my own holes for the wheel well and buy push clips to hold em on as well.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my brothers got the brake up grade on his yukon. i just bought my hoe back in dec. it needed brakes real bad, right then was the time to do it, but being i just spent thousands on the truck alone, i figured id just see how it went with R1 rotors and pads all around with stock equipment.

i put R1's on everything now if i got the time to order them. had em for 3 years on my regal now, (its got a upgrade, 00-02 camaro front calipers and rotors) just did a r1 pad swap, all 4 rotors still smooth as the day i got em 3 years ago. ( r1 pads are rather cheap too) and im not nice to that car really, its my race toy, so go fast and then jam on the brakes often.

once again they perform great, truck stops on a dime and gives back change. dont think ill be doing the up grade on this truck at all.

being we got a dual piston caliper up front already, all your getting is a larger rotor for the upgrade really.

my regal was a single piston caliper up front, swapping to the dual piston f body caliper and 12 inch rotor really made a huge difference on the regal.

View attachment 200289
Larger rotor and pad, more contact area. The calipers are bigger too obviously and have bigger pistons. I figure if I'm already buying new rotors and pads, the only cost to doing this upgrade is the calipers. I got mine for about $35 each when AC Delco was having a sale on remans. So for $70 it was a cheap upgrade.

IMG_5302.JPG

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Larger rotor and pad, more contact area. The calipers are bigger too obviously and have bigger pistons. I figure if I'm already buying new rotors and pads, the only cost to doing this upgrade is the calipers. I got mine for about $35 each when AC Delco was having a sale on remans. So for $70 it was a cheap upgrade.

View attachment 200305

im not saying they wont feel/work better, im sure they help a ton for stock wheels or even for those with larger wheels or tires as well.

i went back and fourth in my head, figured id save the money.....granted that 70 bucks is cheap. i was already a grand deep in quick parts right after buying it. so a 8 k hit was slowing me down some, paid cash, no payments or nothing to slow the funds down from being recouped. thats always nice.

04Huck

"I'd rather be lucky than good"
Reaction score
First ever clay bar for this truck. Tried out the Mother’s synthetic clay thing. Seems to have worked pretty well.
72f056edbee20149ec571905e131ac86.jpg

Following up with some chemical guys stuff. Turns out, my Walmart stocks some of their stuff
bf2d79f96372a3a17b2e7f88a3122ed3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not saying they wont feel/work better, im sure they help a ton for stock wheels or even for those with larger wheels or tires as well.

i went back and fourth in my head, figured id save the money.....granted that 70 bucks is cheap. i was already a grand deep in quick parts right after buying it. so a 8 k hit was slowing me down some, paid cash, no payments or nothing to slow the funds down from being recouped. thats always nice.
No payments is almost like money back every month. Nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts