What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AltxF4

Reaction score
The rain put a damper on what I had planned, so I went through the front end, and lubed all of the zirks that I know of with Valvoline GM approved red MP lube. Refreshed the CV boots with Sil-Glyde, this stuff workd great on re-conditioning rubber. I would have used it on the ball joint boots, but they are too weathered and cracked to the point that using it might cause them to come apart. Will do some research soon on the best ball joints and tie-rods soon.

TM98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rain put a damper on what I had planned, so I went through the front end, and lubed all of the zirks that I know of with Valvoline GM approved red MP lube. Refreshed the CV boots with Sil-Glyde, this stuff workd great on re-conditioning rubber. I would have used it on the ball joint boots, but they are too weathered and cracked to the point that using it might cause them to come apart. Will do some research soon on the best ball joints and tie-rods soon.
Are you just rubbing the cv boots down with the sil-glyde?

AltxF4

Reaction score
Are you just rubbing the cv boots down with the sil-glyde?
Wipe the Sil-Gylde on them with front end up on jack stands. I have the wheels at full lock, and rub the stuff in good. Move the the other boot on the axle and do the same. Once the 2nd boot is all rubbed in, then wipe off the excess from the first boot. After that wipe it off from the 2nd. Make sure you clean off boots before doing this.

Before i did this to mine, my boots were very noisy at full lock, and actually made it harder to turn the wheels by hand. Now they are nice and quiet, and much easier to turn the wheels.

Isaiah W

Reaction score
I've never seen a 194 puddle light housing before. Got a pic of it ?

Here ya go. I really didn't want to take it out again, so hopefully these get the idea across. It sits in a reflective 'box' that covers half the lens and it really sucks.

IMG_5714.jpg IMG_5716.jpg IMG_5717.JPG

Isaiah W

Reaction score
New lights day! I got Spyder smoked LED tail lights from Amazon, along with the JDM Astar 144-LED reverse bulbs.

For interior lights, I replaced most with the 5SMD LED's from Amazon, dome lights replaced with 6-LED Festoon bulbs from SuperbrightLEDs.com

NOTE: 5SMD LED's from SuperbrightLEDs.com ARE in fact brighter than the ones from Amazon. Noticeable difference side by side with same looking bulbs. IMG_5744.JPG IMG_5759.jpg IMG_5720.jpg IMG_5724.jpg IMG_5722.jpg

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Planning to change water pump. Anything i should do while im down there? Lower rad hose and belt.

dszx13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up some nnbs Yukon calipers with brackets and rotors for free. I plan to sell my nnbs Sierra soon so I'm gonna swap the rotors out and put my drilled and slotted rotors on my Yukon.
637d96c8cd1a250b23376e55616aa244.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

AltxF4

Reaction score
Put another set of shocks on today... this time I put on the Bilstein 4600's along with the HD spring in the rear. It is significantly better now! I don't feel like I am twerking as I am driving down the road anymore! Replaced the front jounce bumpers while I was in the front.
I also replaced the front sway bar and end link bushings with the Energy suspension PU bushings, and I used glorious amounts of Formula 5 when installing them.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put another set of shocks on today... this time I put on the Bilstein 4600's along with the HD spring in the rear. It is significantly better now! I don't feel like I am twerking as I am driving down the road anymore! Replaced the front jounce bumpers while I was in the front.
I also replaced the front sway bar and end link bushings with the Energy suspension PU bushings, and I used glorious amounts of Formula 5 when installing them.
Happy to hear youve got the rig riding right!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14