What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that came out beautifully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks. lots of youtube vids went into that project. watch and learn. all i did. that was 3 coats of paint, (3 of them short cans) and the whole can of clear, like 5 coats, leaves room for the wet sanding so you dont sand it off. being a noob at all this, more is better.

i got a spot on the roof now thats lost its clear and the paint some it seems. ill be fixing that up next.

still waiting for nicer weather to buff the hoe out, its full of swirls and scuffs and light scratches that should all come out. i got some rock chips on the hood i think im gonna take a shot at repairing too.

the grill and bumpers are getting painted on the hoe as well. to much chrome going on there.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks. lots of youtube vids went into that project. watch and learn. all i did. that was 3 coats of paint, (3 of them short cans) and the whole can of clear, like 5 coats, leaves room for the wet sanding so you dont sand it off. being a noob at all this, more is better.

i got a spot on the roof now thats lost its clear and the paint some it seems. ill be fixing that up next.

still waiting for nicer weather to buff the hoe out, its full of swirls and scuffs and light scratches that should all come out. i got some rock chips on the hood i think im gonna take a shot at repairing too.

the grill and bumpers are getting painted on the hoe as well. to much chrome going on there.

Thanks. That's why I just got the cheapo HF hvlp I want to give that a go just waiting for money for good paint and warmer weather

I have a spare truck from my tahoe I think I'm gonna practice on IM pretty sure it's steel vs the aluminum one on the denali so I'm gonna try my hand at shaving the rear wiper and eliminating the rust and swap that on to the denali. That way if I ever want to go back I can

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That's why I just got the cheapo HF hvlp I want to give that a go just waiting for money for good paint and warmer weather

I have a spare truck from my tahoe I think I'm gonna practice on IM pretty sure it's steel vs the aluminum one on the denali so I'm gonna try my hand at shaving the rear wiper and eliminating the rust and swap that on to the denali. That way if I ever want to go back I can

have at it. watch a load of vids on painting and prepping it, then dive in. spare parts you'll feel less stress about it im sure.

dont bother with them HF buffer pads either, they are trash, order up some lake county pads or the likes. you'll end up spending another 50 bucks but the pads will last you.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have at it. watch a load of vids on painting and prepping it, then dive in. spare parts you'll feel less stress about it im sure.

dont bother with them HF buffer pads either, they are trash, order up some lake county pads or the likes. you'll end up spending another 50 bucks but the pads will last you.

Thanks for the heads up the trunk will give me a reason to use my welder again

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a HF dual action buffer. things worth its weight in gold.

i say grab some hd compound and a real buffer and get after that hood. if theres clear left it will shine.

when i first got my regal the paint was dead, it all came back.

View attachment 192788

after.

View attachment 192789
Agreed. I like mine a lot. I need to get around to doing the Escalade... and my black jeep.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
thats fixable all DIY style. you can lightly sand that area with some 2500 wet sand paper, then shoot it with clear, (most parts stores have clear in stock) then wet sand it again, then buff the scratches out.

i also went and repainted both bumpers off my regal, they suffered the old gm missing paint syndrome, i used rattle can duplicolor black semi metallic and you cant really tell i did it, not a pro.

bumper when i bought it, came from newark NJ, parking they were not good at.

View attachment 192798

cut off al the nicks, sanded, filled.
View attachment 192799

last sanding.
View attachment 192800
took it off, wet sanded the edges, final cleaning, then primed and painted, cleared and reinstalled it.
View attachment 192801
then wet sanded it and buffed.
View attachment 192802

this was my first shot at a large scale painting job, like they all say, its all prep, thats the work. painting part is easy.
:boobs::boobs: You did a really good job.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:boobs::boobs: You did a really good job.

thanks. its all in the prep lol

i did the front too. the bottom had a large crack i fixed with bumper epoxy and mesh. other then that it was a scuff and re paint and clear.

i ran out of filler in that ugly area, but its on the bottom and cant be seen. all the mesh goes on the back side.

front bumper crack.jpg 3. coats and cleared.jpg

3 coats and another 5 coats of clear.
001.jpg

then just a few months back some dirt bag decided i needed my bumper and hood modified. my personal csi work tells me it was a pick up truck it bumper went past the edge into the grill area, then when he drove off his bumper caught and ripped my bumper.

i was pretty mad for a week or two. then just quit caring so much.

lucky they just missed my month old new head lights, but cracked my IC res tank that lives right in the crush zone there.

res tank.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9