What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Got the new AC Delco blower motor resistor today figured I'd replace it since I found out when I did the blower motor it was still the original style resistor and with 162k who knows how much longer it has

e16e24afb8e497655c03d24572291760.jpg

A few months back the driver side door cladding was loose so figured I'd pull it and apply new 3M tape and reattach it but found a pretty nasty dent behind the cladding which explains a few issues I was having with the door so took it to a bodyshop and it's easier to just replace the door so came across this door off an 05 for cheap and picked it up should have it on in the next week or so

32feec32854dad12b2ce8573c99c1bbe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love those wheels.
Crazy on the hidden body damage. Almost a good thing the previous owner or mechanic half ass put the cladding on so you had to take it off and find that dent:(

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I picked up this assortment https://m.ebay.com/itm/50-Piece-She...quot-2-quot-/122397885057?txnId=1852897729002
The biggest hole a 1 1/2 plug covers it nicely, but you need to trim the back to make it sit flush, the 3 holes for the wiper arm bracket were 1/4 and the washer fluid hose was maybe 3/4 the smaller ones aren't marked so not sure on the middle one

We really need a sticky for this one lol. Maybe just a master exterior mod list. @NathanJax :shrug:

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love those wheels.
Crazy on the hidden body damage. Almost a good thing the previous owner or mechanic half ass put the cladding on so you had to take it off and find that dent:(

Might look into scooping up the rims, definitely grabbing the front bumper if it's there in 2wks, I'd really like to know wth happened cause other then this the trucks clean, the running boards mint so idk how the hell they even did it honestly I'll post a pic of the door up

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Might look into scooping up the rims, definitely grabbing the front bumper if it's there in 2wks, I'd really like to know wth happened cause other then this the trucks clean, the running boards mint so idk how the hell they even did it honestly I'll post a pic of the door up

Yea we have a few trucks here at my local yard i wonder the same thing. Clean all the way around but made it to the yard somehow.
Any other good parts on it? Interior? Exterior? Someone might want on here ?

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea we have a few trucks here at my local yard i wonder the same thing. Clean all the way around but made it to the yard somehow.
Any other good parts on it? Interior? Exterior? Someone might want on here ?

I might have said some of that wrong was talking about the dent on my door in terms of how it happened etc. it seems like they just got it in, it's an 05, they will ship and take PayPal so someone might find something they need, either something mechanical went or the other side is trashed because the list both the front and rear bumpers, seems to be pretty complete, not a huge demand for some reason the yard I got my rear bumper from the truck was there since April and was pretty much complete and there prices were good too

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So make a new thread with the info in the first post and I'll stick it :thumbsup:

Don't forget to tag me in it or PM it to me

I'll make a thread and post of some pics this weekend

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder what the AC compressor triggering the fans would have to do with it overheating. I have an OEM harness on my 01 Suburban, and I have the AC compressor triggering one of the fans. Whenever the AC compressor is on, the fan is on. They have been wired up like this for at least 6-7 years now, and been through many brutal Louisiana summers. And I have not had a single issue with wiring melting, relays melting, or relay plugs melting. I have no idea why the aftermarket harnesses seem to overheat and melt so easily, but the OEM harness seems to be able to hold up to the abuse just fine.
Yeah, that's the crazy part. U are wired the same way minus that relay to change the negative signal and not a single problem. The factory harness wiring may be a bigger gauge, the doiodes help or something. Once the ac relay blows it creates a short and won't let the fans come on from temp. It's really nerve racking because I had to shut off the ac and then the low trigger works fine. Replace the ac relay and back to normal until it melts and shorts..rinse and repeat.

I know car stereos function better when the proper gauge power wire is used. It would be hilarious to find out I just needed a factory harness..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442