What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yes, spike lug nuts from summit
68c860189c00425914fce8f058818950.jpg
a4c71fbb2a349053daf8e7c30ace4721.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
I like those rims. 20's? Stock gm? Nice. :waytogo:

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after learning more about gear ratios I figured out why I have bad gas mileage and no power. Here's a chart I found, I have 33s and 3.73s
IMG_1261.PNG
As you can see I'm not even in the yellow, so I have very poor performance and it's so low that it makes me get worse mpgs because I hit the gas so much to get it to go. Driving right now is like driving stock with something lower than 3.42s. So I've decided the best ratio for me is 4.56s because It gives the best performance at the cost of mpgs, but there is an exception where high ratios can help mpgs if you do mostly town which is what I do. So went to a few websites to see what I can get and
IMG_1260.PNG
For the ring and pinion for front and rear and install kits for both. Now planning on doing it in the summer with my friend because he wants to do his also and his step dad has a lift in his garage we can use.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after learning more about gear ratios I figured out why I have bad gas mileage and no power. Here's a chart I found, I have 33s and 3.73s
View attachment 80495
As you can see I'm not even in the yellow, so I have very poor performance and it's so low that it makes me get worse mpgs because I hit the gas so much to get it to go. Driving right now is like driving stock with something lower than 3.42s. So I've decided the best ratio for me is 4.56s because It gives the best performance at the cost of mpgs, but there is an exception where high ratios can help mpgs if you do mostly town which is what I do. So went to a few websites to see what I can get and
View attachment 80494
For the ring and pinion for front and rear and install kits for both. Now planning on doing it in the summer with my friend because he wants to do his also and his step dad has a lift in his garage we can use.

You'll be kickin yourself for not doin it sooner! The mpg's alone will put a smile back on your face lol
Hell yeah man good luck! Message me if you need any help man.

My setup, 37's runnin 5.13's, put me smack dab between factory and more power. Nailed it! lol

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm
You'll be kickin yourself for not doin it sooner! The mpg's alone will put a smile back on your face lol
Hell yeah man good luck! Message me if you need any help man.

My setup, 37's runnin 5.13's, put me smack dab between factory and more power. Nailed it! lol
Are you 2 or 4wd, I'm confident I can do the rear I'm just worried about pulling the front diff, if you're 4wd how easy was it?

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm

Are you 2 or 4wd, I'm confident I can do the rear I'm just worried about pulling the front diff, if you're 4wd how easy was it?

Wasn't any more difficult than the rear just dropped the entire front diff though.

Yeah mines a z71 and GM didn't offer a 2wd z71 until 2014 or 2015? Which is completely retarded. What's the point of a z71 if it's not 4wd? Someone just wants the z71 badging and decals to look cool? I just don't get it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Wasn't any more difficult than the rear just dropped the entire front diff though.

Yeah mines a z71 and GM didn't offer a 2wd z71 until 2014 or 2015? Which is completely retarded. What's the point of a z71 if it's not 4wd? Someone just wants the z71 badging and decals to look cool? I just don't get it.

2wd Z71 has been available way longer than that. I just looked at an 05 about 6 months ago. You will see them in Florida and places where people have no use for 4wd, but like the trim look.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2wd Z71 has been available way longer than that. I just looked at an 05 about 6 months ago. You will see them in Florida and places where people have no use for 4wd, but like the trim look.

I live in the heart of Florida. And if it was an 05 than it could not have been a factory z71.
It may have been dressed up as a mock z71.

EDIT: @HiHoeSilver I apologize, I stand corrected. Learned something new today. Wow.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne