What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I know it's overkill, I just thought I would look cool. I used to do car stereos and have seen all kinds of fuse setups, and circuit breakers under the hood always impressed me.
fe97c66df3b2f4899a58af9f3dc6bb91.jpg

Sent from the *******, mid-push.

It would be essentially the same thing, except if you blow it, you don't need to have a replacement. As an electrician by trade, I will say, however... A fuse is more reliable, period.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's overkill, I just thought I would look cool. I used to do car stereos and have seen all kinds of fuse setups, and circuit breakers under the hood always impressed me.

Ok that looks kinda cool but I'd be afraid it would get accidentally tripped. Plus that thing is $60 and there's other cool things I'd rather spend that kind of money on.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Ok that looks kinda cool but I'd be afraid it would get accidentally tripped. Plus that thing is $60 and there's other cool things I'd rather spend that kind of money on.

Yeah, it's cool, but for $60 you could have more than a handful of fuses in the glove box, and KNOW that if you ever overdraw or short, it will blow 100%. The reason the audio guys use a breaker is cause pushing power limits is their game, and if they had to buy a fuse every time, they couldn't afford the stereo!

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I seem to remember reading a reason why not to run a circuit breaker. Not sure though.

I ran this fuse:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FSKYNSC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and when my nali got totalled it was hit right at the drivers side front corner exactly where the battery is. The rad core support got pushed back and the battery got grounded out. The fuse I used kept the thing from burning to the ground.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792