What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have this guy info. This isn't the standard abs module. This is what most of them look like. Mine has more magnets. View attachment 72470

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's what mine looks like. I also had a bad relay in mine as well.

The guy I used is called gaugerepairman on ebay. No issues since the fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are your brake RPO codes (J)? Just curious if it's related to active brake control or the 7200 brakes? I know I had to get different rear pads due to these options but not sure if it makes a diff on ABS modules.
Changed my rear pads almost 15 months before the code ever came up.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed my rear pads almost 15 months before the code ever came up.

I was just saying with different RPO codes for brakes I had to get different pads so perhaps the EBCM is different across systems. Not that the pads have anything to do with your issue. Could be there's a variety of modules out there for these years? I'm still googling...

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
21aea877092df4be43d83bcc2797de55.jpg
176b7cbd374e42cae9683ec5518dd1a6.jpg
I also don't see any contacts that need soder reflowed does anyone else?

The pink stuff is thermal paste to pull heat from the circuit board. Anything else is beyond my pay grade lol.

This is why I paid someone to do mine. They are not cheap to replace new and not worth buying used. He even benched tested it..gaugerepairman on ebay with a lifetime warranty if that means anything to ya.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
21aea877092df4be43d83bcc2797de55.jpg
176b7cbd374e42cae9683ec5518dd1a6.jpg
I also don't see any contacts that need soder reflowed does anyone else?

I also believe the pink is a material designed to help the metal case dissipate heat without making electrical contact, which would cause short circuits. And although there aren't any obvious broken solder joints, I can say from previous electronics experience that there may be what are known as cold solder joints, which cause poor connections. You could try reflowing all the bigger ones by adding heat and solder. Don't try resoldering any of the surface mounted components or they will either fall off or get damaged. It needs to be completely sealed when you put it back together also or it will corrode. Your main problem now is that a repair place won't want to touch it

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did the install of the rear lights go? Did they fit well? I've been looking at those for the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
It wasn't too bad. I downloaded a template, printed it out, measured both sides, checked inside bumper for clearance, taped it up, and cut away. They're bright AF too. Really helps the rear-view camera pick up everything behind me in the dark.

Badass truck
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gracias!

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have this guy info. This isn't the standard abs module. This is what most of them look like. Mine has more magnets. View attachment 72470

I had this guy http://www.ebay.com/usr/rapid_electronics fix mine after I tried to do it myself on my first module. Ended up having to get a used one from Wrench-A-Part for like $20 and sending that one to him. It was like $45 plus shipping and he got it back to me in 3 days. Works perfectly now. I'm sure he could work on yours, but it might be a little more.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I got to see how well the Denali did in deep snow this morning. Portland got the heaviest snowfall in 9 years @ 8-12" so far. I have to say that even though I have all-season tires on it did great.

View attachment 72452

View attachment 72453

View attachment 72454

View attachment 72455
Damn dude you wouldn't have made it out of your drive way with your other wheels. Is your front lip still attached lol.
Bet I-5 was fun lol
I hope that white stuff is making it's way up here. Hasn't snowed 12" in a day here in for sure more than 9 years :(

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I noticed the other day, parking light lens on the passenger side had moisture in it. Looked this morning and it was much worse. So I took the lens out, used a blow dryer to dry the inside, and put a bead of silicone around the entire inside perimeter of the lens. I then put silicone under the gasketss of the bulb plugs, then ran a light bead on top of the gaskets. I'm going to let them dry, and hopefully it won't let water get inside. I also had to use some silicone on the reverse bulbs, same moisture issue. Those haven't leaked since. I highly recommend doing this if you're running any type of aftermarket lens. View attachment 72456 View attachment 72457
Everytime I buy aftermarket lenses I put a bean on them religiously. Even before I put them on the truck. Rule #1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98