What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I purchased the car Tuesday. Wendsday I took it over first thing in the morning to get Ceramic tint applied all around including the windshield. I have this on our other car and it GREATLY reduces the heat during our hot summers down here in the Southeast.

Today I gave it an extensive detail/wax. Used my foam cannon/ used the clay bar and then polished. Finally I gave it a nice wax coat with P21s. The pics don't do it justice..the truck is gleaming. Really love this Iridium color so far, although it will show everything.

View attachment 180486 View attachment 180487
Pictures never give our vehicles justice! They always look much better in person. The foam cannon you use do you hook it up to a pressure washer? I’ve been debating on whether or not to get one. My pressure washer is 3300 or 3400 I’m not sure if that would be too much pressure? But I’m guessing car washes use something as powerful as that but don’t want to take a chance unless others have already. You Yukon is looking good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I purchased the car Tuesday. Wendsday I took it over first thing in the morning to get Ceramic tint applied all around including the windshield. I have this on our other car and it GREATLY reduces the heat during our hot summers down here in the Southeast.

Today I gave it an extensive detail/wax. Used my foam cannon/ used the clay bar and then polished. Finally I gave it a nice wax coat with P21s. The pics don't do it justice..the truck is gleaming. Really love this Iridium color so far, although it will show everything.

View attachment 180486 View attachment 180487
I have 4% all the way around my Suburban and it’s really dark! I’ve been thinking of tinting my windshield but worried it might make it blurry or cause reflections. I really want to do it because it would make it even darker and slicker. What percentage did you use 70%

DLAv8r

Reaction score
I have 4% all the way around my Suburban and it’s really dark! I’ve been thinking of tinting my windshield but worried it might make it blurry or cause reflections. I really want to do it because it would make it even darker and slicker. What percentage did you use 70%

I went with 15% around and the front windshield is at 50%. I literally can't see my wife when looking through the windshield. The amazing thing is even wearing polarized sunglasses there is no glares or blur. The heat reduction is amazing.

My other vehicle has 90% 3m crystalline up on the windshield and you can't even tell it has anything applied but reduces heat just the same as the Llumar I put on the Yukon. I think 70% would be the sweet spot. 50% isn't super dark but combined with the rest of the tint I wouldn't want it to be darker if that makes sense.

Go get a foam cannon .. I purchased mine on amazon for $20 .. works just as great as the more expensive ones. For spraying off I just use my normal hose just to be cautious. I've used the pressure hose but stood back a good distance to make sure I didn't damage anything.

Robb92914

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Changed out the fogs last weekend to 6k LED's. Working great so far and the output is way better than the stock bulbs and way better than expected. I'll take some night pics and post them. Plasti dipped the emblems a few weeks back. 20170805_150113.jpg 20170805_151000.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518