What connects there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
img_1057-jpg.76741

Behind the oil fill tube there is a metal line that something is supposed to be connected too. Any ideas? I noticed it while putting plugs and wires in today trying to get rid of a miss.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Misfire? I believe that pipes into the intake tube. See if you have a hose that popped off

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, there should be a rubber hose attached from that part of your valve cover to a port just behind the throttle body on the intake manifold.
You'll have to take the engine cover off to see it most likely.

OP
OP
B

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys thanks. Yeah I put e85 in it and then the transmission went out. Just got it back out of the shop and now it's misfiring. New plugs and wires and it's still doing it. Read that it could be the TCC but I want to be 100% sure it's not something else before I take it back to the transmission shop.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ok guys thanks. Yeah I put e85 in it and then the transmission went out. Just got it back out of the shop and now it's misfiring. New plugs and wires and it's still doing it. Read that it could be the TCC but I want to be 100% sure it's not something else before I take it back to the transmission shop.
Def let us know what you find.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your missing a rubber hose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shop put in another reman converter. Shutter is gone but now it has some vibration. Taking it back. I don't want the guy to lose money but my truck isn't right. It had zero vibration before this.

On the hose side. I didn't see one disconnected. Any idea what it's called? I'm going to start checking parts fiche

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shop put in another reman converter. Shutter is gone but now it has some vibration. Taking it back. I don't want the guy to lose money but my truck isn't right. It had zero vibration before this.

On the hose side. I didn't see one disconnected. Any idea what it's called? I'm going to start checking parts fiche

Not sure of the name but I can take a pic of what it looks like if it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see the hose in your pic. Here's my dirty engine showing where the hose attached at the intake. Sorry I don't have a full shot, but it goes from manifold to valve cover.d3a76b3b138a2405e0c9d678f3e0c5e4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop