What are your tips/tricks to negotiating down the dealership?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for All:

How much off MSRP did you get your vehicle for?

I think I got around 10% off MSRP. Special order Denali. They had to use another dealers Denali allotment to order one since they had already used all of theirs.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some buyers don't like to negotiate; others LOVE the game of working the best deal. Some need a car TODAY and therefore don't have as much leverage as someone who is not in a hurry. So, in not so many words, a car is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay for it. A good car dealer recognizes this reality and therefore encourages its salespeople and sales managers to push for their definition of a good deal.
It's just business, and businesses do not exist for charity---they exist to make a profit.
You'll get a good deal as a consumer if you are well informed, patient and willing to negotiate without buckling under pressure. End of story.

Greeco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They dont have a vehicle with the 22" Machined Aluminum Wheels, ACC, Open Road, 4wd, that is Silver exterior with Black Interior.

They have great deals but I dont want to spend $60k+ on a vehicle that doesnt meet my needs/wants. Then its just a waste of money.

The Dillon RAM dealership in Boise will special order at the same sale prices. I assume their GMC dealership would do the same. It's probably too late to order a 2017 but you could order a 2018 with everything you want for a great price. I'd give them a call.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some buyers don't like to negotiate; others LOVE the game of working the best deal. Some need a car TODAY and therefore don't have as much leverage as someone who is not in a hurry. So, in not so many words, a car is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay for it. A good car dealer recognizes this reality and therefore encourages its salespeople and sales managers to push for their definition of a good deal.
It's just business, and businesses do not exist for charity---they exist to make a profit.
You'll get a good deal as a consumer if you are well informed, patient and willing to negotiate without buckling under pressure. End of story.

None of that is in dispute.

The question is how does this guy get rock bottom price.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
None of that is in dispute.

The question is how does this guy get rock bottom price.
Shop around and a find a dealer ready to deal, also be willing to travel, possibly long distances to find the best deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe