What amp wire is this ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Yukon Denali with Bose amp I noticed there was a wire disconnected anyone knows what wire this is to and what it controls

IMG_0334.JPG IMG_0335.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
How's the system work? All speakers and tweeters working? Did you look inside the plug itself or the loom for a broken wire?

OP
OP
Fleetgeo

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a stripped wire but that one in the front to the radio is the same way and the only speaker not working is my front passenger side and my subwoofer but idk what wire that's to
How's the system work? All speakers and tweeters working? Did you look inside the plug itself or the loom for a broken wire?

Looks like some sort of ground wire

Or like speaker wire with the insulation stripped off.....

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have that same amp and it's mounted in the cubby of the rear panel so I can pull the screws tomorrow and see the plugs better. I just looked and I do see something that looks like the same kind of bare wire but I need to get a better look. My guess is also a ground wire.

OP
OP
Fleetgeo

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that same amp and it's mounted in the cubby of the rear panel so I can pull the screws tomorrow and see the plugs better. I just looked and I do see something that looks like the same kind of bare wire but I need to get a better look. My guess is also a ground wire.

Thanks @redrocket I appreciate that help very much

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't get my amp back out so I can't unplug the connector but it looks like there's a bare wire like that that goes to the connector. It must be an amp ground wire but I can't tell which spot it goes to. If you look at the connector closely you should be able to see a pin in there that doesn't have a wire attached to it. If a cavity in a connector isn't used it will be hollow with no pin in it.

OP
OP
Fleetgeo

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't get my amp back out so I can't unplug the connector but it looks like there's a bare wire like that that goes to the connector. It must be an amp ground wire but I can't tell which spot it goes to. If you look at the connector closely you should be able to see a pin in there that doesn't have a wire attached to it. If a cavity in a connector isn't used it will be hollow with no pin in it.

Yea I read up on it and it's a drain wire I just have to get a diagram to see where it goes to what happens if this drain wire isn't connected ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts