Wet carpet in rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southaviator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same symptom in two tahoes I have owned. Both times the culprit was the rear side glass seals on both sides. Fixed by running a line of rtv sealant where the rubber seal meets the roof above the glass. Ill try to get pictures up soon. While you're up there may as well seal around the roof rack mounts and the third brake light.

southaviator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had the same problem in two separate trucks. Culprit was the rear side glass seals. Fixed by running a line of rtv where the seal meets the roof. While you're up there may as well seal around the roof rack mounts and 3rd brake light.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem and it turned out the two gaskets that go around the door opening latches (I don't know what their called so here's a pic) these gaskets were actually causing the door seal to be deformed and let in water, I just trimmed them down a bit and it stopped the leak42bd3655df25cbf14574e8d480dac0bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu