Weird sound coming from behind glove compartment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine makes the same farting and squeaking noise like if it’s trying to open a vent. I’m trying to figure out what it is. It happens when I have the ac on cold both sides. The noise is annoying

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking it could have something to do with one of the blend door actuators. Does all of your heat/ac functions work like they're supposed to?

Yup had this stupid blend door actuator problem with a 2003 crown vic sport I use to own.

Would not switch from heat to a/c and vice versa. Crown Vic's have a eatc self test though that it runs through when pressing buttons manually and I would hope it got stuck on whichever I wanted being heat or a/c at the time. Had to do it several times sometimes before getting stuck on the one I wanted.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are 3 actuators up front. One for the cool/heat function which supplies both passenger and drivers side ducts. Then there are one each for the driver and passenger side that controls which ducts get the supply air.
You better hope its just the passenger side one and NOT the main cool/heat one. It aint no party to change. Check youtube on for blend door actuator/motor for tahoe and you will see what you have to do to test, locate and replace them. They arent expensive at all and aftermarket makes them.