Weird electrical issue...alternator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very easy, unbolt from battery follow cable to where it goes and unbolt it there. Take to auto parts store and get same length.

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very easy, unbolt from battery follow cable to where it goes and unbolt it there. Take to auto parts store and get same length.

From what I hear this one Cable has three different points to where it’s grounded and supposedly it has a sensor

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update took the battery to AutoZone and it tested good at 94% have to take the alternator and put it back on the car because that’s the only way they can test it

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK before I put the battery and alternator back on I scrub them clean with wire brush, I scrub the terminals and I scrub the battery post. I also scrubbed the post and terminals that connect to make a fuse. Went to AutoZone and the alternator tested good. So I’m a little bit stumped trying to see if I can make the issue happen again currently

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
OK before I put the battery and alternator back on I scrub them clean with wire brush, I scrub the terminals and I scrub the battery post. I also scrubbed the post and terminals that connect to make a fuse. Went to AutoZone and the alternator tested good. So I’m a little bit stumped trying to see if I can make the issue happen again currently

Internally corroded battery cables are the culprit more often then not.

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Internally corroded battery cables are the culprit more often then not.

I hear that a lot especially the negative ones, I’m gonna look into ordering one, the dealership wants 170 for one

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plug the part # you got into google I guarantee youll find it cheaper..try amazon 1st

Got it for 48 bucks rockauto, now I’m tryna find out how to install i seethe 2nd ground but the 3rd seems to be under the coolant hose might give me problems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt