Weird Coolant Leak (Coming out of wiring harness I swear!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smaug6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2010 Suburban w 191K miles. Problem uploading a picture but the situation is I have a coolant leak with coolant dripping out of the wiring harness onto the coil pack bracket on the passenger rear side of the motor. I know there are hoses for the heater core right above this and I checked all connections by feeling around and found no leak from any of these connections. I can hear a faint sound of coolant under pressure venting but don't see where the leak is coming from. Gonna be cold here the next two days and so after that I am going to take off the intake hose assembly in order to clear up the area for observation. Any ideas where this coolant is escaping?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Those quick disconnect fittings on the heater core hoses are VERY prone to getting brittle and cracking and leaking. If you have rear heat then there is a quick disconnect T-fitting for each hose as well so 4 plastic fittings all in the same place prone to leaking.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if your engine has them, but look to see if the hose on the steam tube is damaged. Should be Right by the Tb

OP
OP
S

smaug6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I checked those as that seemed obvious and they are right there. But none appeared to have any leaks. The coolant was dripping out of the harness bundle though. I think it may be the intake manifold gasket.
Those quick disconnect fittings on the heater core hoses are VERY prone to getting brittle and cracking and leaking. If you have rear heat then there is a quick disconnect T-fitting for each hose as well so 4 plastic fittings all in the same place prone to leaking.

OP
OP
S

smaug6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It was a pinhole leak in the rear heater tube spraying onto the harness. My eyes are getting poor and I couldn't see it. A nice guy at the gas station noticed it when I had the hood up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr