Weathertech users

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patrick M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For you guys that have the molded weathertech liners, how do you like them?

I'm looking at getting some for my 2002. Any leads on the best prices, let me know.

Thanks

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm looking at getting some for my 2002. Any leads on the best prices, let me know.

Thanks

I don't really care for the fit in my 2005 Yukon.

I am really surprised since the sets I've ordered for my 2011 Toyota Tacoma and 2017 GMC Canyon fit amazingly well, and I would recommend without hesitation.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do what I bought them for. They keep the carpet clean.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have LLoyd mats in my escalade that are perfect, and rugged ridge molded liners in my jeep that I friggin love ( liked them better then the weathertech options for various reasons including cost). JUst some other options to consider.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them in our Suburban and our Volt. They fit pefectly in both. If something moves them out of position in the rear set and they are stuck like that for a while they take a set to that shape, but after a hot day they are back to normal. Have them for all 3 rows and the cargo area. Definitely one of the first things I get for any car.

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my 08 Yukon Denali I have WeatherTech liners in front driver/passenger, Husky X-act Contour in my middle row and Husky Weather Beater cargo mat in the back. The WeatherTech liners were given to me by a friend. I did quite a bit of research before buying middle row and back and while my configuration is random, it was by design:

- First, WeatherTech... They are nice, but if they weren't given to me, knowing what I know now, I would go with Husky X-act Contour in the front, too. You need to either have a hook already installed to hold them in place, or screw in a carpet hook that's provided, otherwise they push forward and become distorted, particularly in the left corner toward the hood latch. It's a non-issue if the hook is in place and as another poster mentioned, they can go back to their original form. WeatherTech actually advised me to turn them inside out, let them sit for a few minutes and turn them back, and it does work. I had to do that before I installed my missing hook, since they were given to me without it. The passenger side doesn't have a hook slot and so it's always slipping out of place. Husky X-act Contour has nubbins on the bottom, is a little more rubber-like and in my opinion, just nicer on the feet. Also, they lay on the carpet better and never lose their shape.

- Middle row... many people complain of WeatherTech curling in the corners. I bought the Husky X-act contour and this mat, which is one piece crossing the hump, sits nicely, has nubbins to keep it in place and doesn't curl at all. Again, it's more rubber-like feel is nice on the feet and also lays neatly on the carpet.

- Cargo mat... plain and simple, Husky Weather Beater cargo mat is way better designed if you want to put your seats in/out. The cutouts are far less intrusive, leaving you much more mat to protect your carpet.

That said, WeatherTech and Husky are both great companies that stand behind their products. I installed WeatherTech no-drill mud guards and they are fantastic! I've called both companies to ask questions and they have each been excellent. WeatherTech sent me a carpet hook even knowing the product was given to me by a friend.

BTW - all of my mats are easy to clean. It really comes down to personal preference, but I thought it would be nice to point out some of the differences.

Of course there are many other brands, but these two seem to be the biggest in their category. Good luck!

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree- there are cheaper and better options. I have the same issues with my WeatherTech liners. They came with the Tahoe. Otherwise, I would've bought something else and likely the Husky X-act Contour liners.

randyg

Reaction score

Thanks
I had them in my 2011 Yukon and became very dissatisfied over time. As mentioned above, they curl up and seemed to stay that way in the heat here in Arizona. The hook thing is a mess, pokes a hole in the carpet but later doesn't hold, and (as mentioned) there is no hook on the passenger side. I also bought the cargo mat that fits the back with the seat tracks and it worked great for years. I corresponded with a woman at Weather Tech, since their website says they stand behind their products. I sent photos, etc. and she curtly refused to offer any help. I don't recommend them based on my experience with the front mats; cargo mat was fine.

OP
OP
P

Patrick M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Doesnt look like the Husky X-Act is available for a 2002 Tahoe. bummer

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt look like the Husky X-Act is available for a 2002 Tahoe. bummer
I'm surprised, but my next choice would then be Husky Weather Beaters for the front because they have the nubbins and don't need hooks. That is of course if you are looking at those two brands. There are many other options, including less expensive alternatives, but I like Husky liners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts