Weak blower motor / fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blh1960

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would start with the blower motor resistor. They are a very common issue with these trucks. I just replaced mine. $25. 5 min fix.
I had the same problem. You need to change the cabin filters. There are 2 of them, and they are together side by side. Mine were totally clogged. You need to take off the cover that is to the left of your glove box. There is a little panel that gives you access. I broke the clip on the back side because I did not see how it came off. You can prevent that if you are aware. I just use duct tape to hold it on after broke it. This made a hugh difference. It could be a resistor but in 15 minutes you can check this.

OP
OP
C

cptmoney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I swapped out my cabin air filter; I only saw one. Is there a second back in there?

Just the one made a huge difference. Feels like it's really moving some air now!

OP
OP
C

cptmoney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
About to take a peek at the rear blower motor to see what I discover there....

OP
OP
C

cptmoney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quick correction....I double checked, and yep - two cabin air filters up front. I totally missed numero dos. Straight hurricane force winds up front now! Haha

OP
OP
C

cptmoney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like a super dirty connection between the resistor and blower motor. Not even joking.

Pulled the connection apart, cleaned all the contacts, reassembled and voila! I now have rear a/c. Sheesh. Too good to be true.

Blh1960

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your in business now! Cabin filters are the most neglected maintenance item I think. People just do not think about that. My rear blower is not running at all either. I have not troubleshot yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts