Ways to take out springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saul perez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know a safe way to take out springs in the back with out spring compressors

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
drop the rear end by removing lower bolts of the shocks while on a lift or jacked up on tall jack stands

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
drop the rear end by removing lower bolts of the shocks while on a lift or jacked up on tall jack stands
Gonna need to remove the rear end link because of you don't, it's going to limit travel of the rear end

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna need to remove the rear end link because of you don't, it's going to limit travel of the rear end

yeah I guess if they're stock springs. I know most drop springs are so short you can just slide them out without touching the rear end link...

There was a guy on here like 10+ years ago who tried to do this in his garage and broke his arm trying to rush and not do it right...

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
yeah I guess if they're stock springs. I know most drop springs are so short you can just slide them out without touching the rear end link...

There was a guy on here like 10+ years ago who tried to do this in his garage and broke his arm trying to rush and not do it right...

Yea after the drop is in, but to remove oem. Gonna need that extra space

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792