Water Pooling on Driver Side Footwell- 2010 SSV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomandjerry00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good evening,

For months I have found water pooled (a couple of cups) in the driverside footwell of my 2010 SSV. This week it struck me how bad this could be for the vehicle, especially potentially rusting through (I've been a negligent owner...).

Any ideas on how to best address? Any places that sometimes get clogged? Is my spotlight leaking (I see no evidence of water inside around it)?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Here we go again. The area under the cowl, where the wipers attach, is a known source of several leak spots from left to right. Check there. you could also have a leak at the windshield. The spot light. Door seals.

A good way to look for the spot it is coming in at is to start stuffing paper towels in areas under the dash and see which ones get wet to track the access spot.

Run a water hose in the area and look to see if you can see the drips coming in.

OP
OP
T

tomandjerry00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here we go again. The area under the cowl, where the wipers attach, is a known source of several leak spots from left to right. Check there. you could also have a leak at the windshield. The spot light. Door seals.

A good way to look for the spot it is coming in at is to start stuffing paper towels in areas under the dash and see which ones get wet to track the access spot.

Run a water hose in the area and look to see if you can see the drips coming in.

Sorry to be another annoying poster but I do appreciate the guidance! I'm going to take a look right now.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sorry to be another annoying poster but I do appreciate the guidance! I'm going to take a look right now.

There is no such thing as "annoying poster" here. Post all day every day if you want and never hesitate to ask QUESTIONS. Good luck.

By the way, I said "Here we go again" because of so many posts recently about water leaks in the same areas. That is the only reason.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a roof plug from a light bar that leaked down the A pillar in to my leg and floor.

Beau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good evening,

For months I have found water pooled (a couple of cups) in the driverside footwell of my 2010 SSV. This week it struck me how bad this could be for the vehicle, especially potentially rusting through (I've been a negligent owner...).

Any ideas on how to best address? Any places that sometimes get clogged? Is my spotlight leaking (I see no evidence of water inside around it)?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Just bought my '12 Tahoe PPV a week ago. First thing I did was take out the entire interior to clean out all the dirt and dog hair. Found that the driver side floor is partially rusted through due to some leak. Following this and maybe we can figure it out.

jkssv08tahoe

Reaction score
In my SSV Tahoe, I found water leaking and pooling in the bottom A-pillar area. So I took a drill and a drill bit and drilled a drain hole. I did seal up the light area with silicon. I really need to check that area atfer a heavy rain and see if it still leaks. I haven't check it for a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz