Water Leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty_GMT800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The top of my headliner on the passenger side gets wet where it meets the windshield, at first thought it was a clogged sunroof drain but I unclogged the drain and it still gets wet, where else could the leak be from? Could it be from the top of the door seal? I also get a wet passenger floor when it rains, and have to identify that leak too.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
The top of my headliner on the passenger side gets wet where it meets the windshield, at first thought it was a clogged sunroof drain but I unclogged the drain and it still gets wet, where else could the leak be from? Could it be from the top of the door seal? I also get a wet passenger floor when it rains, and have to identify that leak too.

Do you have an xm shark fin antenna up there?

OP
OP
D

Dusty_GMT800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do, is that a possible spot? I thought it was the drain because it gets wet right where the headliner meets the plastic pillar.

OP
OP
D

Dusty_GMT800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that the leak is coming from the windshield seal? Did a little searching and it looks like some people hear a little wind noise when the seal is bad. My XM antenna is on the driver's side so I don't think the water would be coming from there

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Is it possible that the leak is coming from the windshield seal? Did a little searching and it looks like some people hear a little wind noise when the seal is bad. My XM antenna is on the driver's side so I don't think the water would be coming from there

It is possible. I had a 2000 leak around the glass, but while the headliner absorbed some water, it also ran down the inside of the windshield. It was really obvious.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm leading towards the windshield seal. Could possibly leak down the pillar, behind the plastic, so you wouldn't notice. Maybe run a hose outside the passenger side of the windshield and see what happens. After you could drop your glivebox down to see if it's wet behind there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts