Water leak on top console 2015 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Tahoe15MA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is at the dealership being replaced right now. I haven't had it a year, but when I've parked it on an incline during a heavy rain it's leaked. The first time it was facing downhill and water dripped out where the visor bolts in. Last weekend it was parked facing uphill and the rear seat belts were so wet it left a wet mark on the wife's shirt...

They are replacing it under warranty after dropping the headliner and following the water trail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did you make out with this?

Willard714

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How did you make out with this?

They covered it under warranty by claiming it was defective and could not get a signal. There is a service bulletin that covers it. I didn't debate it with them since they covered it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Tahoe15MA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's what I hope is the final update on this. The dealership brought in an independent company that deals with testing water on vehicles. They found the leak to be coming from the firewall near the floorboard on the passenger side. So in combination of fixing that, replacing the shark fin and the seal on the sunroof, it seems that they have corrected the issue where I was getting water in two different spots.

wu6fiend

Reaction score
Interesting, Tahoe15MA. I'm curious about the leak from the firewall area. Was it a crack, or bad weld, or bad grommet? On our first Yukon (2005) I had a water leak, traced to a bad grommet in the drivers door. I've had the leak in our 2016 Yukon repaired (it was coming from the shark fin antenna) but would like to know more about this second source you mention.