Water leak on top console 2015 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe15MA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help with a very frustrating problem. I have 2015 Tahoe LTZ With about 35,000 miles. I just started to experience a water leak in dripping on the top headliner consolein and along the side pillars. Chevy dealership replaced the shark fin antenna and claimed that was the issue but I'm still getting the water. I'm now taking it in a second time and just do not have confidence in the dealership really making a concerted effort to find and fix the problem. Anybody else had this issue and can share with the problem came from?

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of the problem area(s)? Do you have a sunroof? My guess would be roof rack or sunroof (if you have one).

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There have been a couple of different threads on here with the same issue. I think the three common area issues have been the antenna and the seal around it, sunroof drains being clogged, and roof rack issues.

Good luck on getting it resolved and hopefully the dealership can make it right and get it all fixed up. You may be able to help locate the issue by having someone sit in the truck and spraying a hose on it to help identify where the water may be coming in.

OP
OP
T

Tahoe15MA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Will post results after she goes into the dealership. Just hope they test everything. Not confident they will.

OP
OP
T

Tahoe15MA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A quick update on this. The shark fin antenna was fixed.....two days later, the water was back on the headliner, pillar, floor. Took it back to dealership, they said it was the seal on the sunroof. They replaced it and a few days later, the water was back. Going in for the third time!!!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy cow what is so hard about testing it with a water hose before they give it back. Keep good documentation as you might have to use the Lemon Law if they can't fix it. Most states get three tries. Good luck Op as I know how frustrating this can be.

Jeff Potter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
9 out of 10 it's your sharkfin. Tell them to squeeze a nice glob of silicone under the antenna and re-install...wipe up the excess around the antenna

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discussed here before ...

Sharfin antenna on top.

Do a search n you might also find a video i posted,im lazy

Willard714

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Discussed here before ...

Sharfin antenna on top.

Do a search n you might also find a video i posted,im lazy

Mine is at the dealership being replaced right now. I haven't had it a year, but when I've parked it on an incline during a heavy rain it's leaked. The first time it was facing downhill and water dripped out where the visor bolts in. Last weekend it was parked facing uphill and the rear seat belts were so wet it left a wet mark on the wife's shirt...

They are replacing it under warranty after dropping the headliner and following the water trail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Tahoe15MA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: Still the no luck with the dealership. They claim they test it and get no leaks. I take it home, it leaks when we get any type of steady rain. I'm convinced they want this to go away instead of doing what's right. Any suggestions on next steps to take? Filing a claim with Chevy/GM is not an easy process . They make it difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos