Water issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had this issue I checked all the stuff everyone said only to later find out it was the rubber grommet on the car that the wires from the door went into. Attached a pick. Not sure if someone in the earlier post mentioned to check it but make sure that it has a good seal cause that was my problem.

16-rubber-boot-thingie.jpg

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i checked that out, it looks brand new and looks tight as a clams ass in a rain storm (old roofing terminology there)

and i did just run water down there, no active leaking.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
think i might have found my issue, its a hail mary really. but makes sense really being the faom thats on the inside of that hole shown in the vid is wet on my pass side.

in the comments a few guys just used a long screw driver to push through or push the foam out at the bottom. thats my next step.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i went out and poked through the foam. looks/feels like a seam either way i was able to take a screw driver insert it handle first then get the whole thing in the hole there and then poked around till i found a soft spot at the seam, that area is right under where the clip hole is to hold the kick panel on, pushed through gave it a wiggle and pulled it back out.

inside that hole was wet, all the seam foam inside there was super moist still. this might have been the fix.

its rained here before since i got the truck and ive not seen this before. but a few days back it poured, like really hard for 2 days. the day after i found it wet.

fingers crossed. maybe this is the OP'S issue too but on both sides.