Water in my doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some rust forming behind the rubber strips at the door seams. I removed the strips and liberally sprayed Fluid Film on the seams and also using the straw inside each of those holes. The holes were not clogged, but my goal was to help stop/dramatically slow down the rust. Guessing I'm doomed, but I figured, what can it hurt? Anyone else do this or something similar?

Mickey_561

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Basically yup.

Water will ALWAYS get in to your door. there's no way to completely seal it off if you ever want to roll your windows down.

There are holes in the bottom of every door that should be allowing the water to drain out. If water is staying in them, the drains are plugged. Take a nail or screwdriver and try to unplug them
So I am New Here but Someone Please Help Me Out with my understanding of this situation/issues.
I have a 2013 Yukon and Never before Today has this happened. Now it Sounds Like 5 Gallons of Water in each back door Sloshing Around. I understand about the Drainage and Make Sure They Are Draining Good.
So Doors are Designed to Fill Up With Water?
Do these Vehicles come with Marine Speakers in them?
Why would GM Design to Allow Water inside of the Doors?
Please help me understand this Anyone…

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I am New Here but Someone Please Help Me Out with my understanding of this situation/issues.
I have a 2013 Yukon and Never before Today has this happened. Now it Sounds Like 5 Gallons of Water in each back door Sloshing Around. I understand about the Drainage and Make Sure They Are Draining Good.
So Doors are Designed to Fill Up With Water?
Do these Vehicles come with Marine Speakers in them?
Why would GM Design to Allow Water inside of the Doors?
Please help me understand this Anyone…
They’re not designed to fill up of water but if you think about it there’s a piece of felt trim that goes on the outside so the window goes up and down and rides against FeLt even new but mostly older vehicles that felt gets damaged wears out from the sun weather whatever so Water gets in it’s not completely sealed unit otherwise like nathan said you wouldn’t be able to open the window as the felt breaks down water gets in there’s holes in the bottom of the door so that when water gets in it drains out I felt breaks down water gets in there’s holes in the bottom of the door so that when that water gets in it drains out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01