Water in door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have this issue with our '10 PPV on the rear doors. Dirt buildup with age, and what looks like a door seal that seals up the holes when the doors are closed contribute to the water sitting there. I've taken to wiping down the space between the lower door seal and the bottom of the door when we wash the truck. Additionally, I'll run a Q-tip through the drain holes to make sure they are clear.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I was losing my mind when I heard water splashing around when I parked at the bus stop.
Opened it up and nothing was dripping out, sounded like a substantial amount of water to.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dirt that collects there can act as a pretty efficient seal. I've had to poke a Q-tip through it to open the hole back up, then the water just pisses out.

VA929RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to pull the weather stripping of my driver side rear door. It fills up faster than a bath tub. But once I pull about two rivets of the weather stripping out, it drains in about 5 min. [emoji17][emoji17][emoji17]

Polaris425

Reaction score
I drove through the car wash yesterday, and noticed the same thing while I was vacuming out the back floor board. Water just poured out of the back drivers side door.

Awiggnz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought I just had bad luck since I bought my Tahoe used. I'm happy this isn't an isolated case because I really like my truck...Now I just have to find the holes to clear out so the water can drain...

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never had this issue to those of you who do. Do you park under trees? Drive gravel a lot?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yates,
Somehow mine just fill up. I park in an open parking lot.
I really need to get down there and unclog the holes

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys.. i have an 08 tahoe and on my way to work today i heard water swishing around when i stopped short..i checked it out and my rear pass door has a decent amount of water in it..enough that when i swing door it sound like a pool...cant seem to see where it is coming in from...anyone have this happen to them before or have any ideas...thanks a lot

i know how to fix the problem stop driving into the river

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts