Water in door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it dripped out...do you know if a little water is supposed to get in the door gm service?

The door does have drain holes at the bottom. It is not uncommon for water to make it past the outside sealing strip. If there is a lot of water in the door then I would encourage you to check out the drain hole to make it is it not blocked so the excess water can get out.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, GM Customer Assistance

OP
OP
L

ltzhoe08

Reaction score
Thank you gm rep Elizabeth , your the only rep that has ever helped me instead of telling me to keep them posted on what the outcome is. I appreciate it.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:word: @ ltzhoe!

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say add some gold fish. How many have that mod

sent from my thunderbolt

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you gm rep Elizabeth , your the only rep that has ever helped me instead of telling me to keep them posted on what the outcome is. I appreciate it.

Ltzhoe08,

You’re welcome! I am happy to help. If you find that your door is holding an excess amount of water again check the drain plug. If it is clear and you still are getting a lot of water build up, please let me know!

Thank you!

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bmwme,

Did you notice just surface rust or is there an actual hole?

It is not rotted through, but right under the hole is where the outer door skin wraps around the inner skin so water collects right there and it is rusting...surface for now but rust never goes away so eventually it would rust through.

I am out of my factory warranty but still have a dealer purchases warranty. Would it cover rust like this or am I on my own?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is not rotted through, but right under the hole is where the outer door skin wraps around the inner skin so water collects right there and it is rusting...surface for now but rust never goes away so eventually it would rust through.

I am out of my factory warranty but still have a dealer purchases warranty. Would it cover rust like this or am I on my own?

bmwme,

You would need to speak with the dealership to confirm if the warranty you have through them would cover the surface rust. I would also advise you to speak with your dealership to confirm if there is a faulty part which is making the water stay in your door. Our normal rust warranty only covers if there is an actual hole from rust. If you do speak with the dealership, please let me know if it is covered or if they will cover it themselves.

Thank you

2007gmcyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys.. i have an 08 tahoe and on my way to work today i heard water swishing around when i stopped short..i checked it out and my rear pass door has a decent amount of water in it..enough that when i swing door it sound like a pool...cant seem to see where it is coming in from...anyone have this happen to them before or have any ideas...thanks a lot

This same thing happened to me about a year ago! I thought I was crazy, but there was water in my door, same door too. I just removed the drain plugs and let the water drain out and never had any other problems. It's interesting to know I'm not the only one that had a door full of water.

Greg Taylor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is the third Yukon I've owned. I bought a used 2013 Yukon Denali and the driver-side passenger door started holding water. I thought the swishing sound was the fuel tank, crazy, it was the door holding water like a fish bowl.

First time that has ever happened to me and only one door. IMO the problem is the drain holes on either end of the door. If you look under the rubber trim at the bottom of the door you will see a small hole. This drains the water that might get into the door (how water gets in there in the first place I don't know).

Ok, the holes on every other door are unobstructed. On the door with the problem, it appears to me that the rivets/welds bleed over slightly and impede the drain holes. They are not obstructed with mud or such, it is the welds that are obstructing. It is a manufacturing defect that probably happens every so often, but enough to create a post.

Really disappointed in this problem. I'll take the car to the dealer and see what they think. If they have a different idea I will post it here.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this issue last saturday. I also, thought it was the fuel tank, but thought it was odd. Upon opening the driver back door, then I realized where the water was. I pulled up the black stripping on the bottom, and 6-7 minutes later, it was empty. I thight that was fairly odd until ive read 3- 4 threads on it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk