Water in door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltzhoe08

Reaction score
hey guys.. i have an 08 tahoe and on my way to work today i heard water swishing around when i stopped short..i checked it out and my rear pass door has a decent amount of water in it..enough that when i swing door it sound like a pool...cant seem to see where it is coming in from...anyone have this happen to them before or have any ideas...thanks a lot

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found this on my '07. I opened the right rear door and I heard the sloshing. It was drippin out under the door so I cleared away some crud and it started pouring out for 5-10 mins. There is some rust in the corner too...darn

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will now go check this on my burb but I have not noticed it just yet. Definitely do NOT want rust starting on such a new vehicle!! :banghead:

OP
OP
L

ltzhoe08

Reaction score
yea same thing with me...it was dripping out the bottom..think i ha a lot of water in there...but my window and speaker are working fine thank god...i just checked the drain holes and they do seem to get clogged...but not the front doors..just the rear ..

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Just found this on my '07. I opened the right rear door and I heard the sloshing. It was drippin out under the door so I cleared away some crud and it started pouring out for 5-10 mins. There is some rust in the corner too...darn

where did you clear crud from... the drain holes?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ltzhoe08,

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your Tahoe. Did you get the water out of your door? Also, is there any sign of rust on your door? Please keep me updated with this issue.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

OP
OP
L

ltzhoe08

Reaction score
yes it dripped out...do you know if a little water is supposed to get in the door gm service?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bmwme,

Did you notice just surface rust or is there an actual hole?

Ltzhoe08,

I am not entirely sure if this is common or not. I am going to research this further and I should have an answer soon. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne