Washer fluid leaking from sprayer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Intenseman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 95 GMC Yukon. I've noticed puddles under the left or right side, depending on the slant of the ground where the vehicle is sitting. The leak is coming from the washer fluid, but not from the tank or any hoses. There isn't any fluid on the fender well where the tank is mounted. The fluid is actually under the cowl and dripping down either side on to the ground. The end of the sprayers are damp. By the way, this is without using the washers at all. Just getting in and driving it and showing up to work, parking the vehicle, and noticing the drip.

I'm thinking this may be a leak of low voltage into the pump causing it to just run very slowly and push out just a little bit of fluid at a time.. I'm not sure if that's possible but it's the only thing I can conjure up. The puddle area is large. And there isn't any drips leading up to where I stopped. So I'm thinking this is happening after the vehicle is shut off.

For different reasons, recently I have replaced the pump and the pulse board.

Thanks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michael

derekjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 95 GMC Yukon. I've noticed puddles under the left or right side, depending on the slant of the ground where the vehicle is sitting. The leak is coming from the washer fluid, but not from the tank or any hoses. There isn't any fluid on the fender well where the tank is mounted. The fluid is actually under the cowl and dripping down either side on to the ground. The end of the sprayers are damp. By the way, this is without using the washers at all. Just getting in and driving it and showing up to work, parking the vehicle, and noticing the drip.

I'm thinking this may be a leak of low voltage into the pump causing it to just run very slowly and push out just a little bit of fluid at a time.. I'm not sure if that's possible but it's the only thing I can conjure up. The puddle area is large. And there isn't any drips leading up to where I stopped. So I'm thinking this is happening after the vehicle is shut off.

For different reasons, recently I have replaced the pump and the pulse board.

Thanks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michael

I think I might have a similar problem. How long does it take before your tank is empty? I noticed a few weeks ago that I am having to fill mine back up every few weeks or less. Can you see the puddle of fluid without taking the cowl off? Does it also get on the ground? Any advice on exactly where to look would be helpful. I know my tank nor my pump is leaking as the areas around them are totally dry.

OP
OP
I

Intenseman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, Derek. As I said in my post, I do get a spot on the ground. The leakage is not a lot. It just looks like a lot on the ground. I would get a spot about a foot in diameter and only after I'd been driving. I also see the blue deposits from the leakage on the firewall just below the cowl. I'm guessing that could also be from regular usage. I have taken the cowl off and do not see any leaks coming from the hoses. I was able to verify that the sprayers were damp after/during the leakage.

I'm not sure where to look at this point. It has stopped for now. Possibly the colder weather (20s and 30s) has something to do with it. It has been in the 50s here lately. Even with the "warmer" weather, I have not seen the leak. My only guess it that it is a low voltage leakage that is activating the pump some how. However, as long as I'm not seeing it, I'll let sleeping dogs lie.

Good luck. Let me know if you have any insights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17

Latest posts