Want advice, please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as many of you know I wrecked my Camaro which was a procharged stroker LT1 car.
0eec429fadf9021a2dd1c86f6a294c94.jpg

The ProCharger was a p1sc which is a rather small ProCharger and I had it maxed out on the Camaro only able to make about 10 pounds of boost. Entire drivetrain motor and transmission are most probably going to go into my Impala , and the plan is to upgrade a procharger for more boost for that setup.
58165182b7c3f2157cbdc121ce102e50.jpg

With that being said, we come to my 2002 Cadillac Escalade.
ccd6d3fe06d95d0e92724537536cef56.jpg

Since I have a p1sc that I will not be reusing on the new project I thought why not get the brackets fuel injection fuel pump excetera get it tuned on the Escalade. Here's my concern. People are telling me that when I tell a proximately once a year that towing with a boosted gasoline motor will be hell on the truck. I'm having a hard time believing this seeing as how people are racing stock bottom end 6.0 within sayings amount of boost and I'm only looking to spin about 5 to 10 pounds of boost maximum.

Keep in mind the Cadillac is my daily driver except for when the weather is nice I'll drive my Trans Am or my Impala. I have no concerns about driving a boosted Escalade with no trailer on it my only concern is my one trip annually from Pennsylvania to Kentucky and back with a enclosed car trailer.
a6f8d547e8ccfcd0a2ea4358d4bccbcb.jpg

Any insight would be greatly appreciated from anybody who's done it to people who just know because this is new to me the idea of boosting a tow rig that's gas powered.

Thank u in advance!!!

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
OWNER/ADMIN

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also wanted to add that the caddy does have a trans cooler on it and has never run hot... motor or trans... even when towing the loaded 24' trailer.

OWNER/ADMIN

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only feedback I can give you is i bought my 6ltr from a guy that had an avalanche with a centrifugal supercharger that he used for towing. He was not happy with how it towed and felt it would have been better with a positive displacement blower like Whipple or Magnuson. He had got the 6ltr with plans to swap the motor in the avalanche and then decided to just buy an ecoboost truck.

Not sure if that helps but prochargers seem to be better fitted for lighter cars or all out race trucks. It wouldn't be any worse but not sure it would be appreciated towing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only feedback I can give you is i bought my 6ltr from a guy that had an avalanche with a centrifugal supercharger that he used for towing. He was not happy with how it towed and felt it would have been better with a positive displacement blower like Whipple or Magnuson. He had got the 6ltr with plans to swap the motor in the avalanche and then decided to just buy an ecoboost truck.

Not sure if that helps but prochargers seem to be better fitted for lighter cars or all out race trucks. It wouldn't be any worse but not sure it would be appreciated towing.

Ok... thanku. Its definitely helpful.

Any chance he explained why he didnt like it?

Anyone else?

OWNER/ADMIN

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... thanku. Its definitely helpful.

Any chance he explained why he didnt like it?

Anyone else?

OWNER/ADMIN
We didn't get into details but more than likely the lack of torque down low which is where the PD blowers excel.

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha... thanku again.

OWNER/ADMIN

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forget where I read it but the LQ9 isn't the best for boosting due to the high compression the regular 6.0 is better due to the lower compression seen a few of these boosted tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forget where I read it but the LQ9 isn't the best for boosting due to the high compression the regular 6.0 is better due to the lower compression seen a few of these boosted tho

Is mine an lq9 or the 6.0? I thought the lq9 was the 6.0.

OWNER/ADMIN

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is mine an lq9 or the 6.0? I thought the lq9 was the 6.0.

OWNER/ADMIN

The LQ9 is the 6.0 in this generation Escalade it's the same as the LQ4 that's in the other 6.0 NBS trucks has higher compression 10:01 and a few other tweaks which is why it's rated at 345hp, was reading on some site the non LQ9 motors were better for boost since there lower compression, seen a bunch of these boosted tho

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LQ9 is the 6.0 in this generation Escalade it's the same as the LQ4 that's in the other 6.0 NBS trucks has higher compression 10:01 and a few other tweaks which is why it's rated at 345hp, was reading on some site the non LQ9 motors were better for boost since there lower compression, seen a bunch of these boosted tho

Lq4 and lq9 are both 6.0. The big difference is the dished pistons in the lq4 and the lq9 has flat top pistons (higher compression) with floating rods like the ls2 which are considered to be stronger. Both engines seem to handle boost well although the lq4 may be better suited since the compression is lower. I have a lq4 in my tahoe from an 02 2500 suburban. Escalade and the premium trucks like the SSS seem to get the lq9 and people charge a premium for them but power level is close.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094